Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I Would If I Could, But I Can't, So I Won't

Sometimes there are things I want to say on here, but I can't (or am scared to), so I don't.

There are various reasons for that. Sometimes it's because I'm worried about how it might change people's views of me. Stupid right? I mean, this is my blog, and I should be able to write whatever I damn well please! But I don't know, I guess it's because I've developed relationships with some of you, and I'm worried about how it might change if I suddenly write about how I've decided to quit my job and become a traveling dominatrix...

...which I haven't, by the way, that was just an example...probably...

Anyways, there are other times I don't write what I want to because of...I guess, legal reasons? You know, things that might get me into trouble with my employer, or about how I poured sugar into some CEO's gas tank, because his company jacked up my insurance rates...

...which I also haven't done...yet.

And at the moment, there are so many things that I want to share, but can't!!! Which is why I've been so quiet lately. Oh well, maybe I'll just share one tiny little thing with you...I've developed a serum that, when applied to the left elbow of the male species, drives them to pick up their own underwear, never leave their socks inside out, and ensure every moment of the time spent with their significant other is like the cover of a Harlequin romance novel!

And if that were really true, I'd be a kajillionaire right now. Happy Wednesday lovies!

11 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

I know that writing some stuff on blogs etc is really not a good idea, but censoring yourself because of what we might think? I think that any regular reader already has a very good idea of what you are like, I don't think there is much that you can say that will change that hugely....

Unless you are going to become a nun or something. That would be more of a shocker than the dominatrix idea! :-)

10:51 AM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Ali...I so get this post. I admit to doing the same,which is why I never write about some of my amazing experiences in Oncology or some of the funny sides of Nursing...
It is also why I have that weak ass claim of a disclaimer on my blog as well.
I have read that people get sued over blogs and even stalked...
Dont ever worry about what people think of you. All your regular readers already have a feel for you.
That's why we keep on coming back..
Look at it this way...you write something that's out of character for your blog...you loose 2 readers, but trust me girl...there are thousands out there just waiting to be picked up !...
I dare ya....Shock me !....xoxoxox

8:03 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Sitting in Silence - Love it! You are such a bad influence!

3:09 AM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

CRC....LOL...!

3:34 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

You need to be sweet to that poor kind husband of yours.

What to write and what not to write. Always a question in blog land.

I hurt feelings being brutally honest about my neighbor. It was all true and funny but now I have a lifelong enemy that I wish I didn't have.

You're not an axe murderer are you?

6:34 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

We all try to be what we think is expected of us. It is sort of a game we all play.
We have to careful who knows "all sides" of ourselves.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous zack said...

I understand that need to say things, but being afraid to do so - which is why I'm a blog reader only - I'd get myself into too much trouble!

11:40 AM  
Blogger terri said...

I know exactly what you mean. That's how I'm feeling tonight. And I won't write what is on my mind, which is probably a good thing.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Faiqa said...

I know what you mean, too. I censor myself on my blog, A LOT. More than I care to admit. This is weird, but I feel like writing something makes it real and true. And this makes me apprehensive of writing things that I'm still "working through." And I? Am working through just about everything. :) P.S. I enjoy reading your blog, a lot.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

CRC - I know, silly right? And I guess the fact that you would be more surprised about me being a nun than a dominatrix, should show me that you guys all basically know what I'm like :)

SIS - Oh, you SHOULD share some of your nursing stuff! I love hearing husband's nursing stories.
I'll work on the shocking stuff ;)

Wreggie - For once, that wasn't about Chris!!! Just in general, I think a lot of women would appreciate a serum like that.
And no, I'm not an axe murderer...unless I'm a sleep axe murderer...hmm...

Judy - It's true. Maybe I'm just being careful?

zack - You should blog! It's great most of the time :)

Terri - I knew you'd get it!

Faiqa - I guess maybe we all do it? Or at least the vast majority of us do, it seems. And thanks!!!

10:44 PM  
Blogger James said...

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean too. But because we DO know you already, it would be twice as interesting if you were to become a nun or dominatrix or an animal rights terrorist or something.
I have seen some brave stuff on some peoples blogs (and I mean just one click away, in our little circle) that has made me gasp.
And I don't think any less of the person who posted it, quite the reverse.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home