Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mish Mash #47.5

Easter was great. Ellery looked adorable. Only had to go to church once. Family was good. Dinner was good. Both sets of grandparent spoiled Miss E - which is good, because I got her this tiny set of Little Tikes people that cost $2.50 - not exactly a fortune, is it?

Our fridge died last week, which resulted in the loss of about $250 worth of groceries. So yesterday when we got back to the city, I made a dash to the grocery store because we literally had nothing to eat. While I was standing in line to pay, Gigi called me. I told her what I was doing and explained that our fridge had died, and that we had been out of town over the weekend, and that now I was having to buy groceries galore.
Then I heard Gigi say "I'm so sorry Ali. Sorry to hear about your friend..." I was confused for a sec, before I started to laugh. "No, our fridge died!!! Not our friend!" The teenage checkout boy started to laugh while I was explaining to Gigi that we had been out of town for Easter, not for a funeral.
Poor Gigi. I'm sorry for being Slurry McMumblepants!!!

In under a month my baby girl will turn one. I'm both excited and on the verge of tears just thinking about it. Her latest thing? Talking. She says go, good, duck, and hi, and she tries very hard to say "light", though right now it's just coming out as "ight".

It's supposed to get up to 18 degrees today. In honour of that, I'm wearing my new green sundress and a pair of flip flops around the house. The fact that it's freezing in here isn't deterring me at all. Dammit, I see the sun outside, and there is barely any snow!!! I'm wearing this dress if I catch pneumonia!

Went to visit my friend Rachel and her four kiddies on Monday - haven't seen them in months! The kids were in and out of the house all day, except for the youngest, Alia, so I didn't get to take many pictures. E really took to the dog though, following him around the house and squealing at him. It was only too close for comfort when he licked her.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

I don't suppose you had cover for the lost food? Our insurance covers us for this sort of thing, which means that it never happens, of course!

I was shocked to find that E is nearly 1! It only seems like , well not a year ago, that I was chewing my nails waiting for news! Isn't she fab?

11:06 AM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

What a Bummer Ali....will insurance cover it at all ?

Happt Easter to Miss E...she looks adorable xoxo

1:29 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I love the face a child makes with a dog.

5:04 AM  
Blogger terri said...

I busted out the flip-flops today. It's going to be 70! WOO HOO!

Ellery is so cute! Love the look on her face in that picture!

10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home