Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Just Let Me Be Cranky About This!!!

*Ahem, Rock Chef and Ookami, you two are making it difficult for me to have a couple of emo kid, rant filled days here...no cocky comments today, kay? Just nice, supportive, "Oh! Poor Ali!" kinds of comments ;)

I live in Manitoba. Not necessarily the technology mecca of the universe, but not the boondocks either.

I have a Blackberry Pearl. Like about 462 thousand other people in Canada.

I hate it. It's a piece of crap.

Or it might be my cell phone company - Telus. I dunno.

The thing is, I've always been with Telus. Since I got my first cell phone when I was...20? Yeah, I'm not cool like all the 8 year-olds that are strutting through the malls in their short shorts, chatting with their bff's - I got mine when I was all old and stuff.

Anyways, with every other phone I've had with them, I was happy.

Now, however, my blackberry randomly doesn't work, quits sending me texts, shuts down its receiving capabilities entirely, etc.

And tonight, as I was padding around the house, trying to send texts, and having to keep moving an arm-length here, a toe-length there, just to get enough stupid signal strength to send them, I realized that I really and truly hate this blackberry.

Too bad I've got two years left on my contract. Boo.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Oh, poor Ali! Poor, poor, POOR Ali-walli-munchi-kins!

Is that better? [OUCH!)

You shouldn't have that piece of junk, you should have a great phone like I have got!

It was the cheapest phone I could find about 5 years ago, so basic it only has mono ring tones. It lets me call people and send texts. That is all.

And it works all of the time!

3:57 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I paid $200 a few years ago to get rid of my Blackberry. I told the carrier Sprint/Nextel that you suck so bad that I will gladly pay you without argument to leave you.

It was one of the best decisions I ever made.

I love my iPhone. ATT is good too.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Slyde said...

im in love with my LG phone.. its the shiznit..

8:43 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

I hate phones...especially my phone...and I hate contracts even more....I tell ya...those phone companies are making a packet....!

12:21 AM  
Anonymous ZACK said...

I paid to get out of my contract with a bad provider... it hurt the wallet, but was well worth it :) I'm much happier now

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home