Wednesday, March 18, 2009

And That's a Wrap on Another St. Patrick's Day

The husband and I went to bed two hours ago because I was exhausted. Apparently he felt this little "activity" we could do would help me fall asleep. So much for me falling asleep - he's in there snoring, and I'm wide awake! Figures.

Ah well, this just gives me a chance to share how we spent our St. Patty's Day - at the zoo! I don't think we've been since Ellery was born, and she was hilarious, babbling away to all the animals.

While I was yelling lines from Napoleon Dynamite, trying to get the snotty llama to come over, this little donkey wandered over to me instead. He even put his head against the fence and let me pet him.

One of the scary, staring birds in the birdie hothouse.

Our zoo has one of those rooms where you can go in and see the birds above water, then watch them dive. This little mallard was really quick, but I finally caught him diving.

Ellery and the husband looking way up - watching the monkeys swinging around.

There were two that wrestled the whole time we were there - Ellery just screamed at them in delight, occasionally letting out a belly laugh.

The husband and I, enjoying the beautiful day.


Ellery and I decided to be true to our roots, and show off our Irish style.

Then is was bath time for her - where she spent a few minutes chatting up "our baby" in the bathroom mirror.

It was a beautiful day!

4 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Looks fantastic! Zoos are great with kids. Our local zoo has the most amazing gorillas, plus elephants and rhinos. Now I want to go again!

4:02 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Same thing with Gigi and me. A little activity puts me sound to sleep leaving her wide awake.

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm now I want to go to a zoo!

8:38 AM  
Blogger tz said...

ahhh, what an awesome day! Zoos are great fun!

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home