Monday, March 02, 2009

Sugarwha?

I like coffee and tea. I also like sugar. A lot. So much so, that some people question if I'm going to have coffee or tea in my sugar. I'm a sugar whore, what can I say?

As a result of this whorishness (and just fyi, husband has a sugar fixation too), we go through a lot of sugar at our house.

So last week I was out, and made a pit stop at one of my least favourite shopping places (I've wrote about this place before...I'll just call it The-Hell-Which-Shall-Not-Be-Named) and after I stocked up on the essentials - diapers, wipes, baby food, tp - my brain sent me a jolt that said "Suuuuuuuuuuuugaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrr!" so I cranked the cart around for the baking aisle.

Imagine my surprise when I got home and went to fill my sugar canister, when I discovered that instead of sugar, I had some sort of *cocaine reminiscent, artificial sweetener! It may have been white, and it make have been slightly sweet, but the look and texture of this stuff was pure cocaine.
On the left is the "sugar" I got from The-Hell-Which-Shall-Not-Be-Named, and on the right is proper sugar, which I went out to buy the next morning.


I swear, if I would have used the cocaine sugar, I would have surely turned into this kind of mommy within a week.





*Obviously this wasn't really cocaine sugar, keep your pants on Hell store.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Hilarious!

Is a sugarwhore like a crackwhore?

"Ten bucks, and make it quick - the doughnut store is about to close..."

10:35 AM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

My Dear Anon now knows exactly what I mean when I mention "Hell."
It seems to be her happy place and she is way overly gleeful when I whine about her forcing me to go to "hell" all the time.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Slyde said...

if you want to sell any of that cocaine sugar, let me know.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

ROTFPMSL....Oh you are so gonna get some seriuos blogging hits this week girl....you stats will be through the roof hahahahahah xoxoxo

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home