Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Meme Time!!!!!

Mkay, TZ over at Zimmerhouse tagged me about a week ago to do this meme, so without further ado...

Six Quirky Things

1. I love blueberry muffins; in fact, they may be almost my favourite kind of muffin. But when I eat them I pick the blueberries out and throw them away. Don't ask.

2. When I burn a cd from my music collection, I usually make up a story using the song titles and artists, which I write on the cd, instead of just writing what music is on it.
For example: One night I saw Paris behind a Bush in great Misery. She found out Joan Jet had Walked the Line with Duran Duran while in El Paso, gazing at the Harvest Moon. Now Paris was riding the Subways, and with a Rebel Yell had decided one thing; She Wants Revenge.

Either that, or I have to draw pictures pertaining to the band all over them.

3. I love meme's. Love them. I think I may be the only one though.

4. Being an editor, I'm all about the words. Spelling in particular. I know I occasionally slip up, but really, misspelled words make my skin crawl. And the one that bothers me most? Tomorrow. Why, oh why can people not spell that correctly? Especially when there is spell check on everything these days!? Usually people spell it with two m's instead of two r's, which I can kind of understand - but I have a girlfriend that spells it - are you ready for this? - tomowrow. I don't know how she gets that w in there every time, but she does. Eeeek!

5. I re-arrange furniture at night. I have no idea why, but it's usually at around 8pm when I will get a sudden burst of energy, then throw in some laundry, clean the entire kitchen, file paperwork, then decide that some room needs to be re-arranged. Husband just shakes his head. He's finally quit trying to convince me that daytime is a better time to work.

6. I am constantly feeling my cell phone vibrate in my pocket, even if I'm not wearing pants. I usually have it on vibrate, and most of the time keep it in the front pocket of my jeans (and that is in no way intended to be dirty - lol). However, since I have been carrying it there for years, I often experience "phantom ringing", where I would swear I just felt my phone vibrate, thus smacking my hand on my hip to check, only to realize that I'm wearing pj's or underwear and that my phone is being charged, or in my purse.

Anyone else that wants to play is welcome to it!

11 Comments:

Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Crap...I promise to re check my spelling...LOL...

Oh and you are not alone...I too love Memes..

xox

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guilty of spelling tomorrow wrong all the time! - good thing this comment box has spell check!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Spill cheek doesn't always work for me because I spell so poorly that it thinks I couldn't be that far off.

For some reason my public school stopped teaching spelling at year 6. So I am walking around with a 6th grade education when it comes to spelling.

Gigi and I both get crotch vibrations. It feel like a phone.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Tomowrow? Was she a fan of Annie?

I get the phantom phone call sometimes, but not when I am not carrying it - not yet, anyway.

My wife changes furniture around during the day and then waits to see how long it takes me to notice...

5:49 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

I re arrange furniture at night too...wow...that's weird. LOL!

The blueberry thing has me perplexed but I'm not judging you b/c I have some very strange habits myself...more power to ya girlfriend!

Now, your CD thing...that was interesting...

1:46 PM  
Blogger James said...

What is a meme? And what is tagging?

3:02 PM  
Blogger terri said...

James is kidding.

Isn't he? LOL!

Spelling errors... My peeve is "ridiculous." I see that spelled SO many different ways.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Terri - don't be ridd- red- ridiccol- silly!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Irene said...

I love memes too. And haha, the blueberry muffin thing, definitely an Ali-quirk. I don't understand it, but who am I to judge?
And oh, I'm guilty of the furniture thing too- when I was a bachelorette I'd spend way too much of my spare-evenings rearranging furniture, CDs, books, etc.
Anyhoo, I can't steal this meme cause I kind of did something similar in my blog recently. Doh!

11:37 AM  
Blogger James said...

No Really I don't know what a meme is. People talk about them all the time.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

SIS - Don't worry about it, it's a sickness I have :)

Zack - Good thing ;)

Wreggie - Eeek! I could have a seizure just reading that!

And glad to know I'm not alone on the crotchal vibrations :) and yeah, crotchal is a made up word :)

Rock Chef - Seriously? You never feel it without the phone? I must be even weirder than I thought.

Teresa - Well the thing is, I like fresh blueberries a lot. But once they get in a muffin they get all soft and squishy and slimy, so while I like the taste, I just can't deal with that texture on my tongue. Yuck!

James - LOL! Oh my dear, sweet James :) A meme is a piece of information, passed on and shared to include your personal details. So when people fill out a meme, they TAG someone else to do it too, which just means that you copy the meme and change the answers to pertain to you. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Terri - I've seen some BAD versions of that myself...

Irene - I know, I'm filled with weird things :) and any time you want help with re-arranging stuff just let me know!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home