Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happenings

I've been noticing something about Ellery lately. Take a look at this picture...I bet some of you will see what I mean.
Yeah, see that bottom lip? How it's ever so slightly forming a pout? This is a toned down version - this girl can pout like nobody's business. But I guess I have it coming :)

She's also been practicing her tummy time. She used to scream bloody murder when I'd put her on her stomach, but now she's beginning to enjoy it. She pushes her little butt up and shoves herself along the blanket, leaving a trail of drool from wherever she started.

We went for a walk down at The Forks the other day to try and squeeze in some more outside time before it's freezing here. The trees are all starting to change colour, and everything looks beautiful, but the winds are chilly and fall has definitely arrived.

Here is downtown Winnipeg, taken from The Forks. I can even see my office building from here. And I never thought I'd say this, but after 7 years, Winnipeg is starting to grow on me.

What is it about getting your hair done that makes you feel like a million bucks? I went last week, and it's pretty damn dark which just makes my Irish skin pretty much glow white, but I love it anyways.

Here you can see the red in it.
Husband says it looks like my hair is on fire.


One of the things I picked up in Ikea was this tree. It's a whole slew of stickers that lay flat on the wall, and they give you four pictures that are about 1"X1" of different designs that you can pick from, or you can stick them up however you want.

I know this isn't everyone's idea of cool, but I love the end result!

11 Comments:

Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Definitely a pout.

12:15 PM  
Blogger terri said...

Awwww.... Miss E is SOOOOOOOO cute and totally has the pout figured out! You're in trouble!

I love your hair! The colors are gorgeous. Love your Ikea tree too. I've been thinking about getting some of those sticker-wall art things for a wall in my entryway.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I think she saw her mom do that bottom lip thing one too many times.";)

She had me wrapped around her finger before, I guess I'm REALLY introuble now....you'll have to be the strong one.

2:04 PM  
Blogger James said...

Yep that's a pout. Like the hair (your not Ellery's)

7:12 PM  
Blogger cmacc said...

Your hair looks fab!! And the pout is a heart-stealer!!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

What a pout!

Love the red streaks - definitely you!

The tree is great, I thought for a moment that you had painted it by hand!

3:49 AM  
Blogger Sid said...

I'm getting my hair done on Saturday. I'm so excited. Right now I can really use something to look forward to.

4:34 AM  
Blogger Slyde said...

that baby is a real cutie..

and i like the hair.. alot!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I like the hair! I'm so jealous - I've been waiting to get my hair cut so that it's fresh for my trip but it's so hard to wait!

Ellery is VERY cute, by the way.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Irene said...

Love the hair! And love the tree on the wall!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Oh she is such a Doll....I love that picture....

The wall tree is great, I saw them in the book over here.....xoxo

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home