Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Boo

Huh. I haven't posted since last Wednesday. Guess I've been gone longer than I thought...weird how time sort of all runs into itself these days.

Anyhoosers - I haven't been doing too much. Went home to the parents' house on Friday, and just got back this afternoon. It wasn't the usual relaxing, enjoyable weekend that I've come to relish when I'm away from the city, but more of a snippy, sleepless, eye rolling, arguing, rainy sort of one.

Ellery is teething, which I'm sure many of you parents can understand, really, really sucks. She's miserable, then happy. Usually has at least four fingers in her mouth at one time and is drooling profusely. Is up at least once an hour, and doesn't just go back to sleep once you've been to see her, but instead screams at the top of her lungs until someone (aka ME) picks her up. She freaks if I'm not within eyesight, and most of the time when I'm not holding her.

Then because of the sleeplessness I'm a little irritable. And that is only made more clear when people are being assholes. I swear, this weekend it was like it was open season on assholes, and I was without my shotgun.

And now because I was so miserable all weekend, I've gotten myself into a sort of sad funk, which I'm finding it hard to get out of. It's been a long time since I felt so down, and I remember now...not fun.

Ah well, I'm hoping it will pass soon. But in the meantime, here are a couple pictures from the weekend:
From the government docks in my hometown, looking straight down the river that separates Canada and the US.
That's Minnesota on the left.

And my gorgeous little Imp last week, giving me a grin that made my heart smile.

8 Comments:

Blogger terri said...

I'm sure you can't see me in the picture, but I was waving at ya!

You're baby girl is a doll!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Hope you feel better soon. When ours were really restless like that we would sleep with them laying on out chests. That way everyone got at least a bit of sleep.

The river photo is great, and I think I can just see Terri on the far bank.

E - wow, what a cutie! Just looking at her makes me want to have another one, so it's a good job I got myself done, isn't it?

3:26 AM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Argghhhhhhhhhhh..teething...I hear ya girl..

rolled up wet washes placed in the freezer for a hour make great chew roles for little gums...

xoxo

4:05 AM  
Blogger Bowering said...

We use these all natural teething pills - they are called "Hylands Teething Pills" - the are AMAZING - I used them for Jackson all thru his baby years, even when he was a toddler and now the twins are teething and again they are amazing. I like the fact that they are all natural and they really help to ease baby's pain and let them rest. My nephew in North Carolina swallowed the whole bottle of pills and when my sister called poison control they were like he will be fine, he'll just sleep and he did for like 10 hours. Try them, we really are happy they were recommended to us. You can even by them in the USA we get ours at Sangsters but almost all health food stores have them.

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy, that picture is freaking sweet! Good job!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Slyde said...

that pic of your little one is priceless.. look at that smile!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Just a thought...probably not it but just thought I'd mention it...a woman is subject to possible post pardum depression up to one year after giving birth...it's probably the sleep deprevation but just wanted to make you aware that if you don't snap out of it, that could be why.

Ellery is so stinking CUTE!!!

8:10 PM  
Blogger James said...

Holy Cow! she looks so much like both of you!

There is NO WAY that baby got mixed up in the hospital and given to the wrong parents.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home