Friday, September 19, 2008

Random Friday Thoughts

1. I'm going to get my hair coloured and trimmed today. You have no idea how excited I am about this! The last time it was coloured was when I was 7 months pregnant! With Ellery being 4 months old...oh Lord, that's a long time. I'm going to feel like a new woman, woohoo!

2. The husband's snoring has been driving me to the brink of homicide. Last night he bought a pack of nasal strips and said "I'll try to get up with her if she gets up tonight so you can sleep." Awww, right? Yeah, the important word there was "try." How anyone can sleep through a baby screaming at the top of her lungs when the monitor is 4 feet from their head is beyond me. Ass.

3. I finally have this place more or less cleaned up and re-arranged from the carnage that resulted from our trip to Alberta. It looks like a new apartment. Pictures to follow Teresa :)

4. Have any of you watched a show called Toopie and Binoo on Treehouse? If you don't have kids I'm guessing you haven't - but I hate that show. It features an itty bitty mute kitten, and an enormous, sexually confused rat.
Seriously - the rat is a dude, but when they play "dress-up" in each episode, he's things like: a fairy godmother, a mermaid, a princess, little bo peep, and even the mommy when they're playing house. I'm thinking I don't really want Ellery watching this unless the rat gets his shit together - and yes, she loves tv already.

5. I need coffee STAT, so I will bid you adieu and wish you all a fabulous weekend.

9 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

For me the worst kids show ever is Barney the Dinosaur...

Have a great weekend!

11:02 AM  
Blogger saratogajean said...

I'm way into "Chowder" right now...I think I like it more than my 5 year old niece.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Slyde said...

i tried the nasal strips too.. they KINDA worked...

im telling you how to fix it.. go out and buy one of those memory foam pillows for him.... they worked like a charm for me.

because seriosuly, if im going to be moving in with you guys and having steamy 3somes every night, i'm gonna need my beauty sleep

1:04 PM  
Blogger Bowering said...

My son loves toopie and bino (I think I'm spelling it wrong) I HATE Caillou - he is a whinny baby and my 2 1/2 year old isn't allowed to watch him anymore b/c he just copies him and whines as well. Most of the time I can tune out the shows on treehouse, I think caillou is on PBS anyways we are big fans of Barney and the best Mighty Machines a great show for boys!!!

Have fun getting your hair done, it feels nice to be pampered, I get to go to the spa next week I can hardly wait

and as for the coffee I hear ya, I now can understand why tommy lee had a starbucks in his home...hmmmm I wonder if I can do some renos in my house to get that!!!

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in regards to #3, you need to show a picture of your table... that's all the proof you'll need.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

PMSL...I told ya girl...sew some tennis balls on the back of his P'J's so he cant lie on his back...

Trust me...it will keep him on his side...LMAO...

Either that or gappa tape...LMAO...

Oh shit.... I am laughing so much at the nasal strips I forgot what I was going to write...

10:00 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Arghh yes..after my moment of madness I remember...

Tha rat....now I dont know this rat...but I used to love one called Cluny...Cluny the black rat from hell....anyone heard of him...his a great goggle...

P"S...Not for Miss E's eyes...

10:01 PM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I love when you bid me adieu. It sounds so foreign and I accept your adieuness that you bid upon me.

The rat is something to be avoided and a mute kitten is very strange.

5:27 AM  
Blogger terri said...

I've got to agree with Rock Chef. Barney was the last annoying pre-school t.v. show I was subjected to. Generally speaking though, kids shows are strange and so not true to real life, don't you think?

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home