Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I Charge More For Incisors

A couple days ago I was over at Slyde's blog, where he'd written about his mad math skills, and the conundrum he'd gotten himself into while playing the role of Tooth Fairy.

Despite his overpayment, his original plan had been to pay his son 5 bucks a tooth. Thinking that wasn't too shabby, I was quite surprised when when most of the comments were people in shock about the amount of cash the Tooth Fairy was dishing out.

I've heard other people talk about what they got from the tooth fetish fairy, and it was always something along the lines of a quarter a tooth, a buck a tooth, and for the really overpaid - 2 bucks a tooth. And until now, I always kept what I got to myself...

...but I used to get 10 or 15 bucks a tooth (I'm sure my dad was the one giving 15), plus maybe a cassette tape I'd been wanting (think Roxette or Vanilla Ice) and usually a book or toy. I had this little tooth pillow where the cash would be deposited, but then the rest of my haul would be sitting on my night stand.

But in light of everyone else sharing what they got, I'm beginning to understand why people thought I was spoiled. But did I mention I was an only child till I was 12?

8 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

You were definitely spoilt! We give our kids a £1! Not that they believe in the Tooth Fairy any more :-(

4:11 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Remember that when I had baby teeth the earth's crust had just cooled. I only got a quarter as I recall...for a whole set of teeth...no just kidding that was a per tooth transaction.

5:08 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Wreggie...LOL!!

Oh.My.Gosh!!! Ali...I hate to say "spoiled" as that term usually means "rotten" and you most certainly are not "rotten"...BUT...Wow...your parents were pretty good to you girlfriend!!!!!

6:59 AM  
Blogger terri said...

I think I got a quarter and it was usually two or three days late. Yep, you were spoiled! :-)

7:46 AM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

Hey, your parents obviously knew what the going rate was for a tooth- if they chose to give you more, then you're a lucky girl!
I hope your brother got the same deal!

I however was in the quarter crowd...

8:20 AM  
Blogger Slyde said...

15 bucks?

hey, i am an only child too, and i think i scored a buck a tooth.

of course, throwing in a crappy vanilla ice cd devalues the whole haul by about $14.99.

12:17 PM  
Blogger So@24 said...

$10 a tooth!?

I was gipped!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

It's alright girl...I am an only child...I'v got the "you are so spoilt line" all my life...LOL...

Truth is ..I went from a spoilt kid to an over spoilt adult...And look at me...


I turned out just Dandy....

Ali...Stop laughing...I can hear ya from here LMAO
xoxoxoxo

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home