Monday, February 04, 2008

Ali Saves the World!

Last Friday I received an email from one of my favourite people - the Rock Chef. He told me that he had had a dream about me the night before, and it was so funny that I had to share it with you all, so here you go...

Hi Ali.

I had an odd dream last night. You were the star of a mega block-buster movie - Ali Saves the World!

You were a dead cool, female version of Jackie Chan, beating up bad guys, getting in car chases and kicking down walls (!) You saved the world from an evil plot to make everyone wash their hair in shampoo that was made from bird poop.

John

Now I have to say, after my initial reaction of incredulous laughter, I thought about the dream, and it does sound a lot like me. Maybe not the bird poop shampoo part - but definitely the ass-kicking portion.

Being feisty I tend to like the idea of being able to beat people up, and who doesn't like the idea of being "dead-cool"? Car chases? Just ask the husband about my driving style (there is a reason he always says my true calling was as a cabbie or ambulance driver). And kicking-down walls? Well who wouldn't like that kind of power?

The picture above is by James, one of the designers at work. He drew it for me last year because I so pride myself on the idea that I could be a sexy superhero (or villain if the mood strikes me) and it's hanging framed on my wall at home, as well as in my office at work. Krista has one too - of her kicking the "head villain's" ass, while I take care of all the henchmen.

So thank you Rock Chef, for a wonderful laugh, a blush, a loud whoop! when I thought about myself in that situation, and a great way to end my week.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! I love it! Bird poop shampoo. But Rock Chef is right. You could be a super-hero. I have NO doubt.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Oh that is the best cartoon I have ever seen.

Love the post...but not sure about the bird poop part Ha Ha Ha...

11:40 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Hahaha, that picture goes with it perfectly!

Sheesh, I had another one last night, featuring another of our blog friends. That makes 3 now! I am beginning to see a pattern...

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home