Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ugly Duckling

Lately I have been feeling like the most un-sexy woman ever to walk the streets of Winnipeg, maybe even Manitoba.

Like every woman I occasionally wake up feeling I look like the dog's breakfast, and nothing I do seems to make it better. Those are the days I'm usually moody and teary all day. The poor boys in my life seem to get the brunt of it too - I take it out on them worst of all.

And, though they are rare, I sometimes have a day when everything just seems to work, and I leave the house with a smile on my face and an attitude to my walk. I love having those kinds of days. Sadly, they seem to be becoming near extinct.


The worst part is that the uglier I feel on the outside - the uglier I become on the inside. I find myself lashing out more about silly things, getting very easily offended to something I would normally laugh about and have a comeback for, and just generally feeling like the world is out to get me. I've been spending more and more time with my office door closed at work, simply because I don't feel right subjecting everyone to my moods any more than is necessary.

I absolutely loathe feeling like this, but I don't seem to be able to stop myself.

It's too bad that I don't feel like I have the pregnancy "glow" people talk about. I could seriously use a bit of glow right now.



*I promise that this will be my last poopy post for a while - Happy Ali must return!

10 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

You are bound to feel like crap right now - with Butterbean taking what is necessary from you, plus lack of sleep and other stresses and strains that are normal life.

Just grit your teeth and soldier on, things will improve soon.

PS I still chuckle at your "My ears are full of tears" line. If I ever write a book I am going to steal it, OK?

9:39 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Rock Chef...

I was thinking the ears full of tears line would be a great title for a country song...


hope you're feeling better soon ali. Tell Butterbean unkie mike said "whassup!"

10:25 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Mike, you are pure genius! I might just have to write that song...

10:39 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Verse 1:

One day I was out a-drivin’
An’ the DJ played a song
It was so sad, it broke my heart
‘Cos everything went wrong
A lump came to my thro-at and
The tears did start to flow
The wind it caught my te-ars and
Into my ears they did go!

(Chorus)

I couldn’t hear
I couldn’t hear
I could not hear the truck
A comin' cos
My ears were full of tears!

11:28 AM  
Blogger cmacc said...

Ali, you will soon feel like a glorious princess when you see the belly come out. I remember a sales rep I dealt with came in to the store to see me and said "Well either the rumor is true or you've been eating too much A&W". Nice huh? It was that lvoely inbetween stage of not showing and showing.

Do I need to send you another CD?? :)

If you want to feel sexy, go to People.com and read how Matthew McConaughey describes his now pregnant girlfiend. A gal here is preggers and said after reading that she actually felt sexy and she is in the same stage as you. Check it out!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Oh man! You guys are too much!

John, are you getting ANY work done today? :)

But...I must admit...I do love the song :)

11:53 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

You are a beautiful woman inside and out soon to realize a dream.

-30 doesn't help.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Jahooni said...

Stop this nonsense INSTANTLY! snap out of it. Look how pretty you are!!! dang. no more poopy posts.

4:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ali - you are totally entitled to any and all moodiness. Don't feel bad writing about it because ALL OF US *GETS IT.*

Hugs!

P.S. I'm totally ugly this time of year and can't even blame it on pregnancy and hormones.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Ali - I had a REALLY productive day to tell the truth!

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home