Thursday, January 24, 2008

Que Sera, Sera

Remember months ago when I had a "falling out" with my dad? We'd been alright since, but had kind of been pussy-footing around each other.

This past weekend we really had it out. Had it out like there were tears from both sides and some things were laid down that should have been years ago.

It was rough.

But I do believe that our relationship will only get stronger from it, and it had to happen.


Anyways, once we were both done, he reached over, patted my belly, and said "All right - this shit's done now right? We never discuss it again. Now it's just about this baby."

To which I agreed, we hugged, and everything was right with the universe again.

As I mentioned earlier this week, we threw an impromptu brunch for some of my mom's family on Sunday. We went to church Saturday, so we decided that since Sunday morning was free, we would spend that morning cooking up a storm for the rest of the family that would get there around lunch time.

The storm turned into more of a typhoon, with so much food being prepared that my mom and I actually started the afternoon of the day before. We had pancakes, sausage, quiche, breakfast cake, biscuits, fruit, mini cheesecakes, eggs, hashbrown casserole (which is to die for - mmmmm), orange juice, coffee, you name it, we made it.

Everything turned out awesome, and the meal was a success. Yay!

One of the best parts about the day? My dad showing his excitement about Butterbean by making me an entire plate of baby pancakes for "his grandbaby". He even went so far as to reprimand everyone who stole one, and then updated me on who the culprits were.

It was the cutest thing and I laughed for ages.

7 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Glad things are OK with your dad now. Those pancakes look great. What is he cooking them on - is the plate raised up from the heat? Arthur wants to know how to cook more pancakes faster!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

He's cooking them on a griddle - it's all one piece, but sits up on a stand, and the heat is adjustable so your pancakes always turn out right.
When he was doing full size pancakes he could put about 5 on at a time.
Good luck to Arthur!

9:25 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

I enjoyed that post - that is pretty awesome of your Dad :) -

Although having a plate of those pancakes on my desk right now would be pretty awesome too

9:40 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Thanks for that - we can buy a griddle for our cooker so maybe we will get it now!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Glad you worked everything out.

Nothing like water under a bridge hey !

Feeling like some of those pancakes now !!! LOL

6:09 PM  
Blogger Jahooni said...

Those are the tiniest little pancakes... Mine are always way too big!!!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

Hashbrown casserole is the treat I look forward to every Christmas morning.
What is breakfast cake???

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home