Monday, January 14, 2008

Ho Hum

This weekend was pretty un-eventful.

Essentially I did a lot of laying around in my pj's and going for naps. Poor husband was getting a bit stir crazy towards the end of Sunday though - he volunteered to go out in the freezing cold to pick up milk - very odd.

We did manage to squeeze in a matinee of the movie "Hitman" on Saturday, so we did leave the house at least once. It wasn't too bad, but I'm all about violence and ridiculous gun fights, the more people one guy kills, and the more unbelievable rounds that are fired off, the better.

I was being so lazy that I even laid on the couch and watched part of the Giants/Cowboys game late Sunday afternoon.

I had a pretty severe meltdown yesterday afternoon too...poor, poor husband. I was in the bedroom yelling at him and he was in the living room yelling back (and we were joking around) and he said two words - something along the lines of "sweet jesus" in an exasperated tone to me and I lost it. I was engulfed in uncontrollable, earth shattering cries, tears pouring down my face, unable to believe he had been so mean to me.

Believe me, in my mind I was yelling at myself to get a grip.

By the time he realized I was actually crying and not just goofing off, I was a pile of tears and snotty kleenex, sobbing on our bed. I felt so bad for him, and was screaming at myself to shut up, but through my tears still managed to blame him by sobbing "my ears are full of tears now!" (I was lying on my back) and then busting into fresh sobs.

God bless that man, he knows if he just hugs me and waits it out I'll eventually calm down, and I did. Then we laughed about the whole thing. Damned hormones.

This morning we woke up to temps along the lines of minus 31 degrees. Holy frozen shitballs! That's about -23 Fahrenheit for all my American buddies....that kind of cold that sucks the air right out of your lungs. Not fun.

Otherwise...um...I have lots of work to do...and am procrastinating. Surprise!

Happy Monday everyone!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jahooni said...

Holy Crap, that is freazing! I don't know how you handle it. Being pregnant in that. whew.. It is beautiful today in Califonia. 70's and clear pretty blue skies. Trying to send some sunshine your way! Do you feel it? :-)

don't worry about breaking down at times. husbands can handle it. i think in school they take a special class that teaches them about all of the emotions of PMS, pregnancy, etc. ;-)

1:52 PM  
Blogger cmacc said...

How did it go with the boss?

2:54 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

The boss took it pretty well, I posted an update at the end of my last blog post. We'll just have to wait and see what it's like when the shock wears off...

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, poor hubby! Trust me, mine knows how he feels.

I feel bad now for complaining about how cold I've been. It's cold here but we're not below zero yet!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

LOL...Beautiful post Ali...

I remember doing it myself...

9:15 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

"My ears are full of tears!" That is the finniest thing I have heard in a long time! Sorry to laugh at your distress, but hey, you laughed at my split crotch so NAH! :-)

3:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home