Monday, January 28, 2008

Mr. and Mrs. Sicky McFeverpants

Saturday night I was sleeping in the spare bedroom, trying to avoid laying awake entertaining ideas of how I could get the husband to stop snoring and getting myself arrested in the process.
I got up to pee just after 3am, and noticed that I didn't hear any snores...hmm, very very odd. I went into the spare room, grabbed my pillows, and padded to our master bedroom.
I opened the door and whispered "Can I come sleep with you?" The husband whispered yes and then I noticed from the hall light that he was wearing a sweatshirt. Hmm, very odd indeed. I asked him what was wrong and he told me that he was freezing. I crawled in bed, scooted over to him and Yikes! He was on fire!
I laid there for about 30 seconds, then got up, got him a glass of water, some tylenol and the thermometer - and yes, he definitely had a fever. I got back into bed, piled my pillows on the opposite side of me, then pushed myself up against him so he could get extra heat.
Sunday morning I got up and started to get ready for my lunch date with Princess. As I stepped out of the shower I knew that going out would be a bad idea, so I dried off, took my temperature and yes, I had a fever too. After a few texts and a phone call, my lunch date was off and I plopped onto the couch.
The rest of the day passed slowly with the husband and I going from the couch to the recliner to the bedroom and back again. Blech.
We both called in sick today and have done the exact same thing as yesterday. We only left the house long enough to go to our chiropractor this afternoon, in the hopes that she could make us both feel better, especially after laying around for so long. And just an fyi, for anyone that doesn't already know - daytime tv sucks!
So now the husband is laying on the couch, curled up in a blanket and I'm here at the computer in my pj's typing this. I've been sitting up for about 10 minutes, so it's definitely time to get horizontal again.
Fingers crossed that we both feel better in the morning!

9 Comments:

Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

I'm glad I phoned though- I have no idea why it took 4 hours to get your texts!
Feel better honeys!

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sorry you guys are sick, but you had me falling off my chair with the title of this post! Even when you're not well, you have the ability to crack me up!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Oh Crap....hope you guys are ok.

What do you think it is ?

Heres a big cyber get well wish for the both of you !

11:04 PM  
Blogger cmacc said...

Get plenty of rest and liquids. Clear liquids, as my mother would say!

Daytime tv sucks even worse with basic cable. Ugh. You guys should pop out and rent some movies!!

8:13 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

sorry you guys are sick - hopefully it passes soon!!!

and yeah - daytime TV sucks! - but you can always order movies through digital TV! yay!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Thanks everyone - I think it's gotta be the flu - we are both so damn achy!
And I'm so sick of watching tv that I am VOLUNTARILY standing up and cleaning random things until I have to sit down for fear of falling over.
And I'm whiny - very, very whiny.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hope you feel better soon!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Jahooni said...

Hoping you feel perky again soon.. did Zig ever find out results from his tests? let me go check.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Oh, sorry you guys are ill - get well soon!

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home