Friday, February 01, 2008

And Now I'm Back...From Outer Space...

Well, more like back from the flu infested apartment I call home, but I'm back nontheless.

The husband and I are both feeling much better, and except for feeling a bit achy, I'd say I'm feeling pretty great. Thanks for everyone's concern!

I have noticed in the past week or so that I seem to have developed a new laugh. It's not cute and girly, or loud and boisterous as my laughs tend to be, but rather that of a life-long chain smoker, one puff away from keeling over. And the stupid part is that the more I hear myself laugh like that, the funnier it becomes, then the harder I laugh, then the wheezier I get...you see where I'm going. It's ridiculous.

Oh, and for everyone that ever said to me "Oh just wait till you have your baby, you'll be running for the bathroom everytime you have a good laugh or sneeze." Yeah - could one of you tell that to my bladder? Already it feels like Butterbean is just waiting for me to snicker, then pouncing on my bladder with all their 1.5 pound glory, laughing like a little baby maniac. And I'm getting up like 2 and 3 times a night to pee already - oh the joy.

In other news, my dad is apparently healthier than I had dared hope. The problems with his voice? Turns out he has thrush, which made me go "What?! Um, isn't that like..." and my mom to yell at me and go "NO! Not that kind of thrush!" Apparently it's from his inhaler, and it's built up in his throat. So now he is on another medication to clear up the thrush, and was also diagnosed with Acid Reflux. Really, I could have diagnosed him with that - he's been popping Rolaids on such a regular basis for my entire life, that I was starting to wonder if they were some sort of oxygen pill and he needed them to stay alive. So yay! Healthy Daddy-o makes me a happy girl!

Hmmm, what else? Oh yeah, I bought a little black dress to wear to my Christmas party way back in December. It was so cute, and went over well with my knee high black boots. Fast forward to last weekend, when the husband and I were at Zig and Alyssa's - I was asking Alyssa if she thought I could get away with wearing that outfit to a wedding the husband is in two weekends from now. I was only asking, because, well, when the whole get-up is on, is doesn't really scream church or wedding appropriate, if you get my drift.

However, I put in on yesterday morning to see if it even still fit - and woohoo! It looks super cute with Butterbean pushing out the front! So now I'll just add some black tights, and voila! Outfit I actually love (even though it's all black) to wear to a wedding, with a (FINALLY) unmistakable bump on the front!

I'm getting a little jealous of Reggie and Gigi and Judy and the rest going on their vacation to St. Croix so soon. I would love, love, love to be able to go snorkelling with them all! Reggie, I hope you take lots of pictures so I can revel in all that underwater beauty will I'm freezing my ass off in the North Pole!

Otherwise, that's about it - hope you all had a great week, and that your weekends will be footloose and fancy-free!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you and the hubby are feeling better and that your dad is ok! YAY! What a relief!

I know what you mean about Reggie & family. I asked him if he was SURE they didn't have an extra suitcase I could stow away in. I need SUN!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I was getting a little worried about you guys.

Michael actually has an underwater digital camera so I hope to get those pictures posted along with some youtube videos.

I am taking a wireless router (nerd) so we can surf and post our hearts content. What would be a vacation without you guys?

3:24 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Welcome back to the land of living...

Glad you are both feeling a little better.


The dress sounds so cute,you will have to post a pic !

D x

7:39 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend! Good news about your dad too!

I am good but very busy!

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home