Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Some Favourites

Perfectly baked peanut butter cookies. I'm not really much of a cookie monster, but soft and chewy peanut butter cookies and a glass of ice cold milk are one treat that I love...and that I had yesterday...yum.

The idea of being a rocker chick. I've had a relapse in my guitar playing phobia, and haven't been to a lesson in ages, but have been assured by my teacher that when I'm ready, he's ready. Picking up Ramona makes me giddy with happiness, so somehow, I will prevail over my nervousness.

Having someone say my name. At work, and with some of my friends I go by Ali. The husband and I almost always use pet names for each other. My dad calls me babe, my brother and I don't bother with names, and my mom...just barely ever says it. It's a rarity to hear - so whether it's a parent or a friend, or said in a way that causes me excited shivers down my spine - I love when someone says "Alison".

Feeling kicks from within. Nothing compares to that feeling. Nothing.

Afternoon naps. The husband and I used to have them all the time, then I somehow went on a two year hiatus. No idea why, just always felt like there was too much to do. But now, I guess I feel like I'm allowed again somehow, and they are absolute bliss.

Being able to find socks in the morning - preferably in my drawer. Socks seems to go missing in my house - they are abducted at a rate of about a pair a week. Someone needs to open an investigation on the dryer...I think he might be some sort of predator.

Visits with the Bahama Mama. She was just here over Christmas and now I won't see her again until June or so, which sucks royally. She may be the only person in the entire world that knows me for how I really am, no holds barred, and still wants to hang out with me at the end of the day...and into the wee hours of the morning.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Well Alison - that sounds odd, you are Ali to me, sorry! Those cookies look great, I want some now.

Guitar playing, like any hobby, is something that should only be done when you want to do it. Having said that, the more you work at it the easier it becomes and the more you want to do it.

The kicking inside must be awesome - it is amazing just to watch and feel from the OUTSIDE!

Socks - sock monsters are real!

You are very lucky to have a friend like Bahama Mama, she sounds great. Can you persuade her to blog?

3:27 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

That's all fine and dandy, but you need to convince the Bean to kick when I have my hand on your belly.
Butterbean is a sneaky one, always kicking the second I pull my hand away...

9:56 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

I'm glad to see you're still playing with Ramona - Lessons can wait, as long as you're still enjoying the playing - Thats the most important part

10:31 AM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Mmmmmmmmmmm I think I want some of those cookies for myself....

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home