Saturday, December 01, 2007

Ali and the Gators

It's that time of year again...that time when no matter how many layers of clothes you have on you can never quite feel warm enough.
It's only been really cold for about 3 weeks, but I already feel like it's been months. Today is only -15 degrees Celsius, which is about 5 degrees Fahrenheit...no where near how cold it will actually get over the next 3 or 4 months.
About a week ago I decided that enough was enough, and I retired my fall/winterish jacket in favour of my knee-length down jacket with the huge furry hood as seen above. Plus, I can always rejoice in the fact that I get to pull out all my cute toques, mitts and scarves. And as you can also see from the picture - I got to bring out my ALI-gator mitts - yay!
But, as always, as much as I complain...and whine, and cry, and beg not to have to go outside, and sneak the heat up, and wear the husbands clothes since they are so cozy, and steal the blankets...I do love the winter, and one of the reasons I love Canada so much is because of the diversity of the seasons. A winter without cold and snow is just not winter in my books.

Stay warm lovies!

5 Comments:

Blogger cmacc said...

My daughter is incredibly jealous of your mittens! Super cute!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Your temps are much lower than ours, and your attitude is much better than mine. I am seriously counting the years until retirement when I can get the heck out of this place and move somewhere warmer. (It's too many years to be counting already, trust me.)

8:54 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

British winters are nowhere near as cold as yours - we think ourselves lucky if we get a bit of snow, 2 inches being enough to make the entire country grind to a halt for a couple of days!

Love the coat and mitts - to cute!

3:25 AM  
Blogger cmacc said...

By the way...GORGEOUS pic of you!!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Those piercing blue eyes are phenomenal!

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home