Monday, November 26, 2007

So Much To Share...

I have so many little odds and ends to share with you! Nothing terribly exciting, but that's my life these days, so here goes...

1. I did not go on a maternity shop-fest with my mother-in-law this past Friday. They were crazy busy doing shopping of their own and I ended up taking my mom shopping with me, so plans have been made for an alternate date. They are coming in to the city on December 3rd and she has assured me that we will spend exorbitant amounts of money in any shop I choose.

2. My rage at the husband has passed. I am no longer spitting nails over the fact that he went out and purchased a new 40" LCD television and set it up (of course, leaving the other tv in the middle of the living room floor) without me being present. He was a lucky man not to be home when I walked in the door last night.

*Oh, hang on...since I started writing this post he's since called me to say that he's returning it for a 46" tv - for shit's sake!

3. Bruce doesn't have his studded tires on yet. Turns out that his tires are some mystical, god-awful size so they have to be ordered in. The husband is going to Ontario this weekend to have them put on for me, but that does nothing to help my white-knuckled drive back to the city last night. There was about an hour and a half of straight gasping, screaming, swearing and muttering that is burned into my memory. I do love winter, but the winter roads make me near hysterical.

4. I was basically home alone with my mom for the weekend - after some initial bickering we actually got along pretty well (Hallelujah!) and there were many laughing fits to be had. Here is a conversation we had on the way back from visiting my grandparents on Saturday...oh, and you should know that my mom never, ever burps in front of anyone.

Ali: (sniffing to myself...thinking something on this highway really stinks)
Mom: (sniffing)
Ali: (just getting prepared to make a comment about the stink)
Mom: Oh my god! Does that ever stink!
Ali: I know! Did you burp?
Mom: (looking very incredulous) What?!!?
Ali: I said did you burp? It stinks!
Mom: What the hell are you talking about? That's a skunk that stinks!
Ali: What? I thought you burped and I was smelling garlic...
Mom: (laughing, but clearly appalled that I would ever consider she would stink like this) You can't be serious - that is obviously a skunk!
Ali: (now laughing) Well I think it smells like garlic - I though maybe you ate something with garlic this morning!
Mom: When would I have done that? Right after I had my english muffin with Cheez Whiz?
Ali: (laughing even harder) Okay! Sorry! My smells must be screwy!
Mom: (pouting) Well geez...
Ali: Oh mom, fine...you don't stink...

5. There is tons of work on my desk. I'm excited. I love having tons to do. I was also very excited to see Krista this morning - I hugged her after I was here for a few minutes.

6. Surprise! My apartment is in one of the most hideous states of disarray that I have ever seen. I refuse to even post pictures this time; that should give you an idea of what I'm dealing with.

7. Last night I was having nightmares, very very frightening ones. I dreamed that I was back in college, but some people from my life now were there, and there were these other people walking around posing as students that were infecting people with cancer. Right before I woke up I heard this little girl calling for help, and when I found her she was all covered up with a jacket. When I asked her what was wrong she ripped the jacket off and attacked me, but her face was all black and half eaten away. I woke up in a cold sweat, grabbed the husband and shrieked at him to wake up. Then I turned away from him and shoved myself up against him as close as I could get...it's always better to be facing the danger when it comes to get you. I finally fell asleep again while he held my hand and mumbled that I was safe and not to worry.

That's about it for now - hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

8 Comments:

Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

Eek- that's an awful dream..

1:37 PM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Be nice…his Bombers lost.

I have smelled a lot of skunks. Sometimes the stick will come on smelling like garlic or even coffee. It may even be pleasant at first, and then suddenly you are engulfed in stink.

In St. Croix the Mongoose make a skunky smell when they are mating and the whole island stinks.

I have walked through many burp vapors too. Most often I get dusted by someone who just ate spaghetti. This happened a few weeks ago when we called a friend over to help us get Lady up on her feet. We were all straining when I heard him belch…whew! Holy Moses. Old cheap Ragu stuff too.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Oh my gosh...I thought I was going to throw up reading about your Mom's burp (or lack there of!) and then to read Reggie's comment...GAG!! I hate burps and I never burp...well maybe like once every 2 years or something like that...and that darn thing always takes me off guard and it's so humiliating!!!!!

I hate burps.

P.S.-I think nightmares are part of pregnancy...I can attest to it and I have heard many others agree...

P.S.S.-I laugh like a giddy school girl every single time I think about you being pregnant...YAY...I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Nasty dream! I don't seem to get nasty ones, jsut odd ones!

At least you didn't accuse your mom on farting! :-)

So what bit about the TV made you so mad? That he bought it at all? That he set it up while you weren't there to enjoy taking it out of the box? OK, I can see you being pissed about the old one being left where it landed...

6:18 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Princess - I know, it was one of the scariest I've ever had.

Reggie - Ewwwww! Spaghetti burps are nasty!

Logziella - I wish I didn't burp, but unfortunately I do :) I really, really hope that I don't have many more nightmares like that, it was awful! And I get giddy too - thank you!

Rock Chef - I'm not mad that he bought the tv because our intention was to buy one this year. The part that bothers me is that we always do stuff like that together, but he just decided Saturday that he couldn't wait for me to get home. He wasn't even HERE on Sunday!
We just always do that stuff together so it was really just hurt feelings...believe me, if I had been the one to buy something like that without him I would have heard about it too!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Ah, yes, I can see that...

Still, if he goes for the bigger one maybe you can unpack that one together?

8:04 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

wow.... no pictures? I can only imagine what "the table" is looking like.

I know he's my best friend and all but in lew of payment for getting a big ass tv... oh, and not to mention carrying little fefe or umm fofo(?) aka butterbean he should do the majority....

sorry C :P (btw this post will no doubt get me brownie points with my girlie) I'm such a traiter!

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha! My mom never burps in front of anyone either. She'd be appalled to know that sometimes I belch just to hear my kids giggle!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home