So Much To Share...
1. I did not go on a maternity shop-fest with my mother-in-law this past Friday. They were crazy busy doing shopping of their own and I ended up taking my mom shopping with me, so plans have been made for an alternate date. They are coming in to the city on December 3rd and she has assured me that we will spend exorbitant amounts of money in any shop I choose.
2. My rage at the husband has passed. I am no longer spitting nails over the fact that he went out and purchased a new 40" LCD television and set it up (of course, leaving the other tv in the middle of the living room floor) without me being present. He was a lucky man not to be home when I walked in the door last night.
*Oh, hang on...since I started writing this post he's since called me to say that he's returning it for a 46" tv - for shit's sake!
3. Bruce doesn't have his studded tires on yet. Turns out that his tires are some mystical, god-awful size so they have to be ordered in. The husband is going to Ontario this weekend to have them put on for me, but that does nothing to help my white-knuckled drive back to the city last night. There was about an hour and a half of straight gasping, screaming, swearing and muttering that is burned into my memory. I do love winter, but the winter roads make me near hysterical.
4. I was basically home alone with my mom for the weekend - after some initial bickering we actually got along pretty well (Hallelujah!) and there were many laughing fits to be had. Here is a conversation we had on the way back from visiting my grandparents on Saturday...oh, and you should know that my mom never, ever burps in front of anyone.
Ali: (sniffing to myself...thinking something on this highway really stinks)
Ali: (just getting prepared to make a comment about the stink)
Mom: Oh my god! Does that ever stink!
Ali: I know! Did you burp?
Mom: (looking very incredulous) What?!!?
Ali: I said did you burp? It stinks!
Mom: What the hell are you talking about? That's a skunk that stinks!
Ali: What? I thought you burped and I was smelling garlic...
Mom: (laughing, but clearly appalled that I would ever consider she would stink like this) You can't be serious - that is obviously a skunk!
Ali: (now laughing) Well I think it smells like garlic - I though maybe you ate something with garlic this morning!
Mom: When would I have done that? Right after I had my english muffin with Cheez Whiz?
Ali: (laughing even harder) Okay! Sorry! My smells must be screwy!
Mom: (pouting) Well geez...
Ali: Oh mom, fine...you don't stink...
5. There is tons of work on my desk. I'm excited. I love having tons to do. I was also very excited to see Krista this morning - I hugged her after I was here for a few minutes.
6. Surprise! My apartment is in one of the most hideous states of disarray that I have ever seen. I refuse to even post pictures this time; that should give you an idea of what I'm dealing with.
7. Last night I was having nightmares, very very frightening ones. I dreamed that I was back in college, but some people from my life now were there, and there were these other people walking around posing as students that were infecting people with cancer. Right before I woke up I heard this little girl calling for help, and when I found her she was all covered up with a jacket. When I asked her what was wrong she ripped the jacket off and attacked me, but her face was all black and half eaten away. I woke up in a cold sweat, grabbed the husband and shrieked at him to wake up. Then I turned away from him and shoved myself up against him as close as I could get...it's always better to be facing the danger when it comes to get you. I finally fell asleep again while he held my hand and mumbled that I was safe and not to worry.
That's about it for now - hope you all had a fabulous weekend!