Saturday, November 10, 2007

Dear MTS,

My husband and I have been customers of yours since me moved to the province of Manitoba just over six years ago. Over the course of this time we have upgraded from our telephone service, and have added our television service and internet as well. Essentially, you have the privilege of having us for customers for three of our utilities - which, according to my calculations, is a pretty good ratio for you. Each month I pay our bill, and as far as I know, we are in good standing with you as a company.

However, I must make a point about the ridiculousness of your billing and customer service department.

Each month our bill comes addressed to my husband. No problem - ordinarily I could care less if my name is on the paperwork. My problem is with the fact that if I should ever have a question regarding a bill or our service and call your customer service line, I am told repeatedly that I can't be helped. That is, I'm told this if I ever get through your ridiculous wait time.

Side Note: Perhaps if the minimum waiting time is 25 minutes per call, you should invest in a few more telephone operators...what with you being a telephone company and all.

Back to my point; I am told that I can't be helped because I am not listed as a customer. As in, because my first name isn't listed in your computer system I am not allowed to ask questions. For the most part I'm calling to ask if my last payment was received, or why I have a $75 charge to Kuala Lumpur, not if you can give me someone's home address or billing number. And even if I was asking for someone's billing number, just what is it you think I might do with it? Something wild, like, oh I don't know, pay a bill?

Well, I have a list of questions and points for you anyways...

1. Why, after 6 years, and being asked to have my name added to the bill for this very reason, have you not added me yet?


2. Why can't you answer my questions? It's not like I'm asking for any particularly private information. All you have on file are people's names, addresses and phone numbers anyways.


3. If I was a creepy stalker all I would have to do is look in the phone book (which you, as a company put out, by the way) and see where it says C & A Blogger to find my phone number and
exact address.

4. If I'm worthy of being listed in your white pages, why am I not worthy of being listed on our bill?


Here's the thing, MTS, I pay the bills. Not my husband. I suggest that you take my letter seriously and re-think adding my name to the bills. Keep in mind there is more than one provider for television and internet in this province, and using my cell phone as my primary means of contact is of no worry to me.

Sincerely, Ali
aka That huffy chick who talks in very sarcastic tones.



*MTS stands for Manitoba Telephone Services or Systems, or some crap like that.

6 Comments:

Blogger Logzie said...

OH...I am SO with you on this one girl! This happens to me all the freakin time! It drives me nuts! :0)

5:35 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Yes, we get that too - something goes wrong at home, my wife rings up and they won't talk to her because it is in my name.

Maybe next time you should put on a deep voice and pretend to be Chris?

3:24 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

"aka That huffy chick who talks in very sarcastic tones" = ROFL!

Please print this out and mail it in and blog the results, should you receive any.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Maybe you could also start talking about sex discrimination - utilities are clearly MANLY STUFF, women just don't understand it!

10:12 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

Yeah - I hate when that happens... MTS used to do that to me too - that was fun.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Oh we get this as well in Oz, everytime you ring an Australian owned phone company, your call get's diverted to India....true as!

There in lies a whole story on it's own....LOL

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home