Monday, November 19, 2007

Rest, Relaxation and Clients - Oh My!

This past weekend the husband and I headed down to Ontario for some much needed R&R with our respective parents. Plans have been set in motion for my mom and I to meet up with my in-laws in Bemidji for Black Friday. I'm just excited to go to Target, but my mother-in-law is gung-ho to buy me some maternity clothes. I'm not quite sure how that's going to go down since I've only gained back one pound of the original 12 I lost in my first trimester. But I'm thinking if I humour her and buy a couple pairs of jeans or something she'll probably be happy. She wants to buy me this stuff all out of love, so I'll do my best to pretend I have a pregnancy belly already.

In other news, I was all set to post my Christmas list for this year, but my dad has decided (after much eye-batting, pouting and safety worries put into his head by yours truly) that he will give me part of my present next weekend. He's going to have studded tires put on my car! Yay! To this day I've never been in a car accident (knock on wood) but each year I find the winter driving and icy roads harder and harder to face. So as of next Saturday Bruce will be all decked out with some kickin' new tires - woohoo!

Today I'm back to work, and I must admit that I'm doing much better in the concentration department. However, as Zig mentioned in his post today, we have a big client coming in. This just happens to be one of my clients. He's making an unscheduled stop here on his way from Alberta to Ontario (so it's not like he's going five minutes out of his way - we're talking flights and provinces!) to talk about the current magazine and upcoming issues. And to meet me. Ha!

When we found out this client was "dropping by" Zig laughed when I had a mild stroke. He laughed harder when I told him that the reason I was pankicking is because the first time I had talked to this guy (which was only a few months ago) I had confessed to him that his English accent was one of the sexiest I had ever heard.

FYI - I don't tell just anyone that - but even my boss talks about this guy's voice.

As I have said in the past, I sometimes take advantage of the fact that my clients are predominantly men, from different parts of the world, an average age of 50, and that seem to enjoy dealing with a 27 year old woman.

For the most part I'm safe with the innocent flirting because the chances of me actually meeting these people face to face are slim to none (in a year and a half I've only met two of them). And, as I've also said in the past, I more use this to my advantage when I'm calling to give them bad news - I'm not in hyper-flirt mode permanently.

So me and my big mouth have gotten ourselves into trouble again - my client has already called me once today to ensure I would be here for when he arrives. He'll be here in just under an hour.

Wish me luck.

6 Comments:

Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Good luck, you'll do just fine.

They outlawed studded tires here. Just as well, it never snows anymore. I remember the sound that they make.

1:50 PM  
Blogger cmacc said...

My mother-in-law did the exact same thing. She even went so far as to order stuff online for me and my growing belly. She once said, "There is nothing more beautiful than a well-dressed pregnant woman." I agree. Let her do it. Plan ahead and get sizes for down the road. Enjoy!

1:50 PM  
Blogger cmacc said...

Oh, and I once referred to an event participant in an email as Mr. Cutie-pants. Somehow, his reply came and as we scrolled down we saw my email nestled in there amongst the replies and forwards and all that. So yeah, it happens to the best of us. :)

1:52 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Can't wait to hear how the meeting with Hugh Grant goes. He probably thinks you have got a really sexy voice too!

3:54 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

I bet he's coming BECAUSE you said he had a sexy voice! LOl!!!

6:55 AM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

LOL...Best of luck....Cant wait to hear the update....

Wonder if he is as good looking as his voice...

D x

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home