Thursday, November 15, 2007

Procrastination is my Middle Name

During the month of October I experienced a somewhat light workload at the office, nay, a complete and total lack of work. (Just to kill time Krista, Zig and I organized our storage room one day if that gives you an idea of what the month was like.)

This never, ever happens.

Oh sure, I may go a day or two every once in a while where I can twiddle my thumbs, play on the internet, visit with co-workers all day, and lie on my timesheets - but generally it's a pretty rare event.

During that month I remembered something about myself - though I complain and whine when I have tons to do, in actuality I loathe not being busy. It is so boring. I don't do well with boring.

Then November hit and all hell broke loose. I currently have 5 magazines that I'm either working on or will have on my desk over the next week. Whoa.
Usually I like the pressure and urgency, but I think that month of doing diddly-squat really threw a wrench into my ability to concentrate.

For example, just a few moments ago I realized that I had stopped copy-editing and had been staring off into my office for approximately 20 minutes. So when I came to, did I get back to business and wrap up this editorial? Nope. I walked to the doorway of my co-workers office and yelled "I'm an ogre...Raaahhhhhhhhhh!" while stomping my feet in these big huge, sumo like steps, like Donkey does to Shrek in the second movie. Then I laughed. Then when I heard Krista down the hall laughing at me I went down there, stood in her doorway and laughed some more. Then I went and told Zig his German music makes me crazy. Then I went pee. Then I came back in my office and twirled around in my chair for a moment, then checked my email, then decided to write this post.

I've been doing this kind of weird, procrastination related nonsense for the past two weeks. I wonder how long it will take before everyone realizes that the hold-up for all of our current publications is me?

Aka: that ogre girl that is always laughing and screaming at everyone.

6 Comments:

Blogger cmacc said...

I love your Butterbean countdown you added, very cute!

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep! I do that too. Complain when I'm too busy, can't stand it when I'm bored. I, however, do not pretend to be an ogre and pay visits to my coworkers. I MAY give it a try though!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Logzie said...

I am the same way! I complain about being busy but the second I am not, I feel bored and like nobody loves me. Ha! I'm SUCH a woman!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

I love having nothing to do - give me lots of nothing to do and I am a happy man.

3:28 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Pink slip in 3... 2... ;)

6:59 AM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Hey...was just dropping by to see if those nasty "P" hormones had set off on vacation....

Love your count down....

D x

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home