Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Sexy Voices and Serial Killer Look-a-Likes

So yesterday's meeting went well. In the back of my mind I knew it would be fine, but I couldn't help but have those few brief moments of fleeting paranoia.

I guess part of it was my slight embarrassment over having to face the man I had said somewhat inappropriate things to, but the other part of it was that earlier in the week I had sent him the first proof of his new magazine.

New as in from scratch. New as in he either loves it or hates it. New as in if this goes down badly I may just sit at my desk and cry for the rest of the day and most of the next.
But as I walked to the board room to meet him face to face I felt myself calming down, and I strolled in relaxed, introduced myself and made chit chat with him and Zig until the others came in a few moments later. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.


He really does have one sexy ass voice, and the fact that he says your name in every sentence is pretty heartwarming, even though with his accent my name comes out more like Elly. No matter, he was nice and charming and he is cute in an "Awww, he's so cute!" kind of way - though I knew what he looked like beforehand.

Oh, and he was very, very happy with the layout of the magazine! He kept talking about the "rubbish" of the one they apparently used to have, and saying how this was so much better. So yay to the team for that, and especially yay to Krista on her excellent design skills!

Thank you John for reminding me to put this part in!

*******************************************************
Today I wore my new sweater. I actually bought it a couple weeks ago but today was the second time I wore it. I was a little hesitant about wearing it again though because last time one of the designers told me it was a Freddy Krueger sweater - and then I spent the day whining that he told me I look like Freddy Krueger. He kept insisting that that was not what he said - but you know girls, we love to misconstrue.


Mind you, with the way I'm looking up and with the hideous pallor of my skin in this picture, I just might look a little more like him than I originally thought. Hmmm...what do you think?


5 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Nah, you are more Buffy than Freddie!

So - did he like the layout?????

3:20 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

When I first heard that J told you it was a freddy krueger sweater I laughed and said nope - but now that I see the comparison the sweater is remarkably similar - but you don't look anything like him. Plus, his is totally not as nice as yours - whats with that ruffle around the neck of his? - So, although they have big similarities, yours is much cooler, nicer, and you've got nothing to worry about :)

7:28 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Ali, I gave you an award - check my Blog!

9:19 AM  
Blogger cmacc said...

Your sweater is way cuter. And my entire family has british accents (except for us kids) so it is always so hard for me to go gaga over them like all of my friends did. I'm very used to hearing either "Your dad's voice is so cool" or "I have no idea what your mom just said".

10:03 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Check out Ali, rockin' the Freddy Krueger sweater!

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home