Sunday, November 04, 2007

Just Some Stuff...

1. I am incapable of finding Q-tips. Not at my house, but in a store. This dilemma has been plaguing me since I first had to buy my own box (I guess that would have been in college) and has haunted me ever since. It's like the display is temporarily moved to some alternate universe while I am in the store.
I have such a problem finding them that it has become somewhat of a joke in my family. So much so that I actually receive boxes of them as gifts - my husband thinks he's terribly funny. But really! When you walk up and down every single aisle in a drugstore how is it possible not to find them?

2. Um...I forgot my number 2 thing. So why not just move number 3 up into this slot you ask? Well, heh, then you wouldn't know that I had a number 2 thing in the first place. Maybe my number 2 thing will be that I'm kind of weird about that kind of stuff...

3. Tonight's supper was in true Ali fashion. A slice of fresh banana loaf (courtesy of my mother in law), 3 pieces of marble cheese, a small bowl of green olives stuffed with garlic cloves (so stinky, but so delicious), and an industrial sized glass of iced tea. It took me just over an hour to eat it.

4. I am seriously considering hiring someone to come into my apartment while I am out and throw random crap into the garbage, then have it removed before I return home. It seems every time I make a dent getting rid of some junk, I turn around and there is a pile twice the size of the one I just got rid of sitting right behind me.

5. I feel sorry for the men in my life lately. Really, really sorry for them. Over the past week alone 3 of them have been subjected to me dissolving into tears. Only the husband seems to know how to take this - the other 2 panicked. Poor boys, only 6 months to go.

10 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

The thing I can never find is yoghurt covered fruit. Everyone else in the family has no trouble finding it, but I always end up wandering around blindly.

I am sure the men will get over it!

6:49 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

You might want to ask a certain receptionist where the q-tips are... or just look in her head. Rumour has it she likes to stock pile them in hear inner ear!

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always find the q-tips in the baby section, with the wipes and diapers! Just think, when that baby comes, and you need dipaers, you will magically find the q-tips too :o)

9:15 AM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

I'm still upset about the fact that I'm now incapable of finding them!
You've cured yourself and passed it on to me! I swear I walked down every aisle yesterday looking for those for you...

9:47 AM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

And Here I was thinking I was the only person in the world that cannie find Q tips...Ha Ha..

Xoxox

6:59 PM  
Blogger cmacc said...

Yeah, apparently q-tips are solely for cleaning the oh-so-sensitive belly buttons of babies. Even though my child is now 4, I still always go to the personal hygiene section before the baby section. I should really know better by now. So some things just never go away.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I have a friend who had a habit of showering then sticking a q-tip in each ear while she ran around and dried off and did what ever women do after a shower.

Once she bent over and hit her head on the counter. The q-tip punctured her ear drum.

Why I am telling you this? I do not know. I just remember the story every time I think of q-tips.

That is all, resume your normal day.

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you saying that most people don't eat dinners like that one? Standard procedure in this house!

My husband has the opposite problem with q-tips. He not only CAN find them easily, he can't stop buying them! I don't get it. How many times does one man need to clean his ears? I secretly throw the excess ones away when he's not looking.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Friendly Manitoban said...

Q-tips = Polo Park Canadian Tire in the pet isle. No idea why they are in that particular isle but they are always always there. :)

7:27 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I have the answer to your Q-Tip dilemma Ali.

I was using a Q-Tip this morning when I was explaining to Gigi your lack of Q-Tip luck at the store. I further told her about Terri’s husband hording Q-Tips.

Smart girl, she figured it out.

Apparently, the Q-Tip truck stops in Minnesota on the way to Winnipeg. Upon finding the shelves empty from Terri’s husband’s buying spree, the poor guy restocks and takes the leftovers to Canada.

With limited inventory he sparsely restocks the Canadian shelves all because Terri’s husband has hogged them all in the US buying them with cheaper dollars.

Now you know.

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home