Thursday, November 01, 2007

So...he,he...now that the secret's out...

Thank you so much to everyone for all of the happy comments and well wishes about our news! You have no idea how hard it was not to tell you all before now...although I did let it slip to a couple of you...whoops.

I promise that this blog won't turn into me blabbering about all things pregnancy related, but I'm taking today just to talk about it a little more, then I'll be done - for a while.

My due date is May 13th, and there have already been requests to "hold on a few days longer" or "do you think you could push it out a little earlier?" in order to have the baby on someones birthday. Ha! Yeah, I'll get right on that guys - no problem.

There have also already been bets made on the sex of the baby. I say boy, most of the people around me insist girl. And although I've said my while life that I would never find out the sex during an ultrasound I've turned a complete 180 - I want to know! And not so I can decorate the room, or buy certain outfits, but just because I want to.

When I was pregnant last year, the husband and I batted around names to call the baby while it was in utero, but never decided on one. Then, after I lost it I hated the fact that I couldn't put a name to the baby (even a cute, unrealistic one) so pretty much right after I told the husband I was pregnant this time I told him we had to pick a name, pronto. So, we came up with Butterbean. We both think it's cute and when he asks me everyday how Butterbean and I are doing it just sounds right - so Butterbean it is - for now anyways.

I haven't really been feeling any morning sickness, but oh my god! I thought people were exaggerating when they would say how tired they were. Ladies, I do apologize. This baby is kicking my ass! I literally walk in the door after work, crawl into bed, get up to eat something, and then go back to bed for the night. I feel so silly, almost as though people must think I'm faking or something, because I don't look pregnant, so it's almost as though I'm making up the tiredness. Yawn.

The other thing is that I'm having a hard time putting on weight. Not that I should be gaining a ton right now, but I seem to be losing instead. I've lost 12 pounds in the 12 weeks I've been pregnant. My doctor was not too thrilled about that on Monday. I just don't seem to ever feel hungry, and I actually feel like I'm full all the time, so I find it really hard to make myself eat. My doctor told me that if I can't eat much then when I do eat it has to be protein all the time - cheese, meat, eggs - all stuff I love, but yikes! The husband was actually talking to one of the dietitians at the hospital yesterday and she suggested I start mixing skim milk powder into everything I eat, apparently it's pure protein. Eww, we'll see.

So, that's all I've got for now - thank you again for everything each and every one of you has done for us - it could not be appreciated more!

5 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Your kid just got is's nickname! That is gonna stick!

No wonder you feel tired! The baby will be helping itself to what it wants and you get what is left over. If you are not eating, that will be very little!

Ever heard the phrase "eating for two"? Get going. :-)

Oh, BTW Zig's hug sounds like a very good recreation of what a hug from me would be like ;-)

11:04 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

we shall eat cheese everyday - together - it will be fantastic.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Protein?

poot poot poot! :P

8:59 AM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

When my friend K was pregnant they named it peanut right from go...
I think I like Butterbean more.

We'll have sundaes this weekend, that should help! :)

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May 13th is the perfect date. It's my daughter's birthday! Also, I think it's really normal to be that tired right away... hormones and all that, ya know?

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home