Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Emotional Roller-Coaster Ride Anyone?

So, the emotions have been running pretty high lately. Lots of ups and downs, and when they come...they are severe. And they hit like those stupid commercials for V8 - you know the ones where people don't eat their vegetables and then someone smacks them right in the head? It's kind of like that.

Case #1
Yesterday while I was going through the drive-thru of Tim Horton's I was surprised to see that my usual chickie was not working the window. Instead there was another woman. She had to hand me a biscuit, my coffee, and my change - but because she felt like she was in such a hurry she was holding one arm out the window with my coffee, while stretched behind her trying to get my change - so her coffee arm was waving all over. Then she did the same thing with the biscuit. Then, when I had all my stuff I said "Thank you" in my usual sing-song voice and she just grunted at me.
I drove away and started to cry. I was talking aloud to myself about how she wasn't very nice while I drove. Good Lord. As if that was something to cry about.

Case#2
Bruce has a headlight burned out which is driving me crazy. Zig offered to change it for me if I wanted to buy one today. I stopped at a store called PartSource - as in, they only sell parts. Do you think they had the stupid bulb I needed? No. So I said the f-word a few times while I was standing at the counter and stomped out, like it was the guy behind the counters fault.
I was quite cranky about the bulb though...
Hey PartSource! All you carry is parts!
It's not like a Chevy is a really exotic car make!

Case #3
I want to sleep all the time. If the husband gets into bed before me I am supremely annoyed, but then I am cranky when he suggests we go to bed in the first place. Poor guy - he can't win - though I think we're getting into a bit of a routine with being in bed between 10 and 10:30...oh man, I feel lame just for admitting we have been going to bed that early!

Case #4
But then - just when you think I must be the biggest bitch in the world lately - I have the most hysterical laughing fit you've ever heard, and am supremely happy for a few hours. The picture below is one I actually took by accident earlier when I was laughing about what a dork I was for taking pictures of myself with the angry face.
Oy. Am I as loony as I feel for being so all over the place?

5 Comments:

Blogger Logzie said...

I can SO relate!! Except mine is from PMS...not pregnancy!

I LOVE that last picture of you Ali...the joy on your face is contagious...it made me smile!

Hope things even out for you soon... :0)

10:09 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

I think this is fairly common - I can remember my wife being a bit erratic at times.

Great photos, especially the angry one - you look like you are about to throw yourself on the floor and have a screaming fit.

3:30 AM  
Blogger cmacc said...

Its normal. Trust me. I was visibly preggers and was in a Superstore where a mom with a small child and a special needs toddler were shopping. The special needs boy was crying and screaming and very loud and she was just tehre trying to get her shopping done. I suppose she was used to it. I can vividly remember this bitch of an old lady coming up to me with my very large belly and sayng "See what you have to look forward to?" I was in shock. And I hurried up and got my stuff and then when I was in my car I was practically wailing and hollaring out loud about how sorry I was that I didn't stop and help the lady out. She was just trying to get her groceries and dealing as best she could with her two kids and everyone was staring and complaining and I didn't help her. Thats something I'll always remember.

So yes, my dear, you are normal. 100%.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

What is wrong with being in bed around 10pm? When up before 5am, 10pm don't look so bad!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

I so relate....one minute you are happy and the next you are crying and have no idea why ?....

Hope the roller coaster settles down for you real soon.
xoxox

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home