Thursday, August 30, 2007

Ali and the Husband do Safeway

It's been since, oh I don't know, July 11th? Yep, that was the last time we got groceries. That's just sad. It lets you know how often we are actually home for a "real" meal these days.
In spite of my post to my stomach yesterday, I do like food, and I love getting groceries. I especially like to go with the husband. We usually go at night so there is less chance of him getting irritated and whipping the cart around corners at lethal speeds. There are usually about 10 other people in the store when we go, leaving plenty of space and empty aisles for the show we usually put on.
It's not unusual to find me gagging over the meat, the husband reading titles in a German accent, him chasing me with pork hocks (which I hate!), and there is always dancing and singing. Always.
If there is no music on then we sing our own, and do pirouettes and ass shakes all over the place. Tonight was no exception as we were singing only two songs - Baby I Got Your Money by Old Dirty Bastard, and Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows by Leslie Gore. Not what most would consider a great pairing but for us, it works.




The husband was ready to go...though he looks kind of scary...um...








I'll bet you can't see me in this picture...











We are always intrigued by the labeling on each package.








My husband...the "cracker".









We were very hungry.










At last! Food!







So, $213 later, we have a modest supply of groceries. Now we just have to stop at the store where we buy meat and we should be all set...for the next two months or so.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

I bet they love it when you go shopping: "Hey, Jim, here's that pair of nutters I was telling you about..."

3:28 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I love a good trip to the grocery store.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

We're great entertainment! And most people probably already think we're crazy anyways, so we just go with it.

6:44 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Is the husband sporting a mohawk type hairdo these days?? :0) I love it!

Here...when I go grocery shopping at night...the isle's are crowded up with night stockers and boxes and there's no chance of getting thru!

It kinda looks like the pharmacy guy in the background of the "cracker" picture is stareing...HOW RUDE! HA!

Glad you guys had fun! I could take pictures of my shopping experience...it would be something like:
One of Ella standing up in the cart seat just about to fall on her head.
One of Kenzie whining that her legs hurt from walking so long.
One of Logan pushing the cart that he can barely see over.
And one of me dripping in sweat and completely STRESSED OUT!
Not quite as entertaining as your trip. :0)

8:54 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Grocery shopping with the girlfriend is the best! We always have "your kind" of fun when we're there.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

Please tell me when you're going so I can stalk you from a distance!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home