Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sexy, no?

So...I pretty much feel like a walking, talking piece of ass.
And not "piece of ass" like a desirable being who people would like to have sexy time with.
Nope. I mean piece of ass like I feel like I've been hit by a truck, beaten with an ugly stick, and put through the ringer.

As I said, I've been nursing this chest cold/sinus infection thing for the past 4 or 5 days - and it's to the point now where every time I inhale to start talking, I'm interrupted by loud, disgusting sounding coughs. And when I lay down it's even worse - yuck!
Plus today I woke up with a pounding headache, and waves of nausea, and I spent the day at the baseball diamond watching the husband's team in the playoffs. And, it just so happens that today was the windiest day in the history of baseball - so now my teeth are gritty, my hair is laced with sand, and my feet are dirtier than a bush baby's feet. Even my jeans have a brownish hue because of all the dust flying around.

So, my plan for the evening is as follows: Go for a long, delicious shower, pull on some comfy "jammies", grab a bottle of water, some 7-up mixed with orange juice, a blanket and my pillow, park my disgusting self on the couch, watch Harry Potter (it's on tv - I'm too lazy to actually put in a DVD) and crawl into bed at a decent hour.

The husband is thrilled to be spending the evening with me, I'm sure.

4 Comments:

Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

It's never fun to be sick. Do all the stuff your mother taught you and get well.

You'll feel better if you set your water bottle on a nice paper doily. :)

4:52 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

ugh.... hope you feel better soon ali!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Too lazy to goto a doctor, too? :/

7:44 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Awww, Aaron - here's the doctor breakdown in my world - our "family" doctor is an old ukrainian lesbian (not that I have a problem with lesbians or ukrainians) but she once made me strip naked for an ear ache. She is an idiot and routinely gives me stuff I'm allergic to and says to "wait out the symptoms".
My infertility doctor almost killed me - enough said.
And the wait at a walk-in is about 2 hours with dozens of other sick people.
These are just SOME of the reasons I didn't go to a "doctor".

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home