Saturday, August 25, 2007

Gotta Love Family...Even When There Are 40 of Them Around...All the Time

So - my holidays. Well, there wasn't a whole hell of a lot of excitement. Just lots and lots of family, huge dinners at someones house every single night, lots of hanging out and visiting and little to no sleep.
My mom's brother Mark was home with his 3 sons and his new wife Kelli and step-daughter Chandler. They were married last year and this was my first time meeting Kelli and Chandler. Her other two kids Hayden and Bronwynn couldn't make it down, so the husband and I will have to make a trip down there sometime in the next year or so.
The rest of my mom's brother and sisters managed to make it down too so there were people everywhere you looked.
Some of the fam: My auntie Sandy, my mom, auntie Janet, uncle Mark and my Daddy-o.

One of the many, many poker games that transpired over the week. The contenders were my uncle Craig, my brother Matthew, cousin Cole, cousin Brett and cousin Luke.

Lounging after another barbeque - uncle Mark, uncle Laurie, uncle Craig, and my grandpa - it was his hands in that blog picture a month or so ago.

My cousin Joel, the husband, and cousin Garrett. Can you see how skinny Garrett is? He's 14 and 6'2 tall and weighs about 87 pounds.

My most favourite cousin, Krista. We are often told we look alike and have the same stupid sense of humour - love her.

Uncle Paul after breaking both handles off the barbeque - simultaneously.

My cousin Joseph's son, Carter. He was eating this delicious cake my aunt had made. That night he asked me why I liked him, I told him "because you're so cute" and he said "well that doesn't mean you have to like me" - ah, touche you 4 year old smart-ass.

The newest additions to our family - Chandler and Kelli.

My cousin Aaron, Carter, and Krista's dad, Bruce.

My baby bro Matthew after getting smoked in the eye with a frisbee at Grandma's house - she may be 4"11 but she's got a mean arm.

The newest combo family - Chandler, Aaron, Luke and Joel.

The drive back to the city was kind of eerie again - being on the road by 5 a.m. can be somewhat of a safari. There was lots of fog and these cows looked super creepy.

But of course, there is nothing like being on the open road with no one around for miles when the sun comes up. Breathtaking.

I've been back in the city for 3 days now and I'm still wiped out - can't seem to catch up on sleep. Though I'm sure it doesn't help that I've got a wicked chest cold and am coughing with every second word. The husband is doing a good job of pumping me full of drugs though.

Oh well, family is awesome and I'm glad I got to see them all.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Carter really is a smart-ass, isn't he?
He's my favorite of the "kids kids".

6:24 PM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Darn right you look like your cousin. I thought it was you with a new do.

Families are wonderful, crazy, and loyal. We have fantastic memories from gatherings like this.

Thank you for sharing.

4:17 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Sounds like a great time Ali! I wish I had a big family.

You're right...those cows DO look CREEPY! HA!

3:23 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Don't tell me - Krista is really Hannah Montana!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

6'2" and only 87lbs? Someone feed that kid something other than sugar cubes!

Kids playing poker? Yeah! Start 'em off young. :D

7:18 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Hannah Montana? What?

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home