I'm totally stealing this idea from Terri
, because I am forever saying aloud to myself "Note to Self". I also hold an imaginary tape recorder up to my mouth when I do it...reeeeeeeal cool.
1. When you eat an entire bowl of cherries and you don't have a stomach ache, that does NOT mean you won't get one. Do not eat more cherries. Just wait. The stomach ache will come.
2. If you want to avoid the annoying phone calls from Mastercard telling you that you need to call them as soon as possible, you must pay your bill on time. In 6 years why have you not learned this?
3. Just because an idea sounds good in theory does not make it an actual good idea. Case and point: drinking alcohol through a straw will make it go down more quickly, but it will also make a return visit that much faster.
4. Skirts and windy days do not go so well together. Regardless of what the male population of the office tells you.
5. No matter how hungry you feel before you order something in a restaurant, you will never, ever eat more than half of it. Everyone else knows this (they eat your leftovers) so why don't you?
6. Just because you are able to do something does not mean you should. Able and should do not mean the same thing.
7. Do not go pull the husband's leg hair right now because he is lying on the couch sleeping like a baby. That is mean...you'll only make him mad.
8. You will never be able to eat at your dining room table if you keep using it as a filing cabinet for every piece of paper that makes its way into your life. File it or pitch it.
9. Just because you think something is funny does not mean everyone else does. Sometimes it's just the mood you are in that makes every little thing - like a co-worker talking about "Nacho" cheese (but he's saying it like "Not your" cheese) and to keep your hands off it - it's really not that funny in retrospect.
10. You say "seriously" way too much. You should really work on that.