Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Heels Make a Girl Feel Girly

There's nothing like a hot, new pair of shoes to cheer a girl up.
Shoes in general make me happy, but heels make me absolutely giddy.

The ones I had on today, for instance, were 4 inch peek-a-boo stilettos. I adore these shoes. Yesterday was my first day wearing them and I have to admit that they are wonderful.

And the best part about them is that they didn't hurt my feet! Not one little bit! Usually by the end of stomping around all day I kick them off and cringe at my poor little aching feet, but not with these ones. I didn't take these off all day.

I often get asked how I can walk in high heels. I don't really know, perhaps it's because I'm more aware that I stand 5'9" when I wear them and have farther to fall should I wipe out. But man, put me in a pair of flip flops and I'm tripping all over the place. Go figure, flat foot and closer to the ground I turn into a spaz.

11 Comments:

Blogger James said...

All women have a shoe fetish. Mine too, she has loads she has only worn once or twice. I am not complainting though. Long live high heels!
I hate flip flops though they are an invention of the devil...that horrible slappy sound they make..UGH!

3:07 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

My wife hates heels - her favourite foot wear is hiking boots!

James - I agree about flip flops. My worst memory of these was when I was a teenager and our youth club did a 10 mile sponsored walk. A group of the girls wore flip flops...

3:13 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

cool picture Ali! - It's very.... uh... "shoey" - I like it.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Sarah is 6' and she still loves to wear heals. I guess, whatever floats your boat (so long as I'm not paying for the shoe fetish!).

7:12 AM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Great shoes!! People always ask me the same thing about wearing high heels & I have no problem,I can even run in them! But if I where a little ole' bitty 1/2" heel or something I fall off of them;we went out for dinner last night & it happened 4 times..go figure???

9:46 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

That's an awesome picture. That photographer is very talented.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ali…we still need to find thosse teal kitten heal peep toe shoes from the wedding you helped zig with!!!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Notice all the guys chime in when they see some hot women's shoes?

4:46 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

LOL - actually Reggie, I did think if was pretty funny that the guys were so vocal about shoes, but I wasn't really surprised.
Besides me feeling hot IN shoes like this, there are usually guys making appreciative glances at this sort of footwear.
But I'm glad my girl Gigi chimed in, I still remember that post from forever ago with the picture of her hot boots!

6:29 PM  
Blogger James said...

Ashley,

let me get this straight....Zig wears teal kiten heel peep toes?

4:40 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

My dear James,
As far as I know, Zig does not wear high heels of any kind, least of all teal kitten heel peep toe shoes. But as I said, that's as far as I know - maybe he's into that, I'm not sure ;)
Ashley is talking about a wedding she was at, Zig was doing the photography and I was helping him out for the day.
There was a guest at the wedding that was wearing these hot teal shoes and Ashley and I made a point to ask her where she got them.
We both really loved them and hope to each get a pair.

Hmmm, I wonder if Zig does wear...nah, I don't think so...

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home