Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Let's Make a Deal

The husband and I have made a little deal.

He is allowed to buy Guitar Hero II for his playstation, and I am allowed to buy an amp for Ramona. Yay!

You may be wondering how I've been practicing without an amp.

Well, when I was just practicing my finger placement and how to strum, it didn't really matter if I could hear myself or not.

But now that I'm tuning Ramona, and practicing chords and scales and stuff, I've been plugging her into my computer and using my speakers to hear what's going on.
Of course the quality of computer speakers isn't quite in the same ballpark as an amp.

It's a total rush at my lessons each week to be able to plug Ramona into an actual amp and feel the sound vibrate through my body...especially when Zig screams "Hello, New York!!!!" every time.


For now I will just buy a little baby amp since we're in an apartment and all, but I will be sure to make sure it has a few effects and can turn up loud enough that when our upstairs neighbours have their grandkids stomping around at 10 at night I can crank up Ramona and scare the begeezus out of those little buggers.


Oh joy - I can't wait!

5 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Great stuff.

I still recommend the Spider amp - after all you do not HAVE to turn it up to 10 and having all those effects built in makes it such good fun.

3:03 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Noise-disturbance calls from the neighbors in 3... 2...

7:55 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

I'm excited for your amp purchase as well! Its such a great feeling when you finally buy that first amp! :)

8:01 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Yeah, I remember my first amp - a 50 watt Trucker bass amp. My neighbours must have truly hated me...

8:19 AM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

Can I come over and play Guitar Hero with Chris???

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home