Friday, July 13, 2007

Ramona...Meet Mack

Today I welcomed another addition to my little musical family.
My first amp. Mack.
I don't really know why I chose the name Mack, it just seemed to fit.
Mack and Ramona.
They just go together somehow.

After work we headed out to one of the best little guitar shops in Winnipeg to check out amps for me. It's a little mom and pop shop but I would rather give my money to them than some bigger name store. I had already priced this particular amp out somewhere else and it was cheaper there, but Zig has made a lot of purchases there, so we figured maybe they would give me a deal.
So we went in, Zig told them what we were looking for, he sat down with a guitar, plugged into the amp, played around with it a little bit and said "What do you think? I think it sounds pretty good."
I mean, I thought it sounded good, but I'm still pretty much a guitar and amp virgin, so if he tells me it sounds good that's good enough for me. He told the owner lady how much they were asking for it at the other place and she said I could have it for that. Yay! It makes me happy to have the amp, but it feels good to have bought it from them too.

So...I came home, changed into shorts and a tank top, ripped open the box and pulled out Mack. I brought Ramona over to where we were on the floor and introduced them - I said "Ramona, this is Mack - he's going to live here now and help you sound really bitchin" yeah, I
really did that - sometimes I am too ridiculous for words.
I plugged Mack in, hooked up Ramona and turned up the volume.
Oh yeah! What an awesome feeling. I started laughing right away because all of a sudden it hit me that I own a guitar and an amp and can rattle my own fillings (and possibly the neighbours) if I want to.
It's a happy day in Ali's world - welcome to the family Mack!

And thank you Zig for being brave to try the amp and ask for the deal for me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Can you make mack buzz and distort like on Norman Greenbaum's "Sprit in the Sky"?

6:36 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

I love the name MACK - it's a perfect name! Congrats on your first amp! yay!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

cool!

First their was Jimi... now? There's Ali!

2:48 PM  
Blogger SpanishGoth said...

Shit, I could have got you a great deal on a 900 anniversary - which if you asked the Zig-man, would have done more than rattled fillings.

But, have fun, I love Marsh amps.

Next you need an Ibanez (guitar that is)

6:50 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

You all look so sweet together! Have fun!

4:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice guitar and amp. I just got rid of my Marshall half stack recently for something a little smaller but I loved that Marshall for so long. Great amps.

Is Ramona a PRS?

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home