Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sooooo...

What to write, what to write...
My mind is a million miles away right now and moving at warp speed.

I have a guitar lesson in just under 2 hours, and I'm feeling a little nervous. I don't really know why, but it seems like the more I learn about playing guitar, the more nervous I am for each lesson. Maybe because I know that Zig can expect me not to completely suck at everything now, I feel the pressure. Whatever; by the time I leave each lesson I can't seem to drive home fast enough to plug Ramona in again and practice what I've learned.

The husband and I have been a little under the weather this past week. It started Sunday when we were both not feeling so shit-hot, and has continued throughout the week. Neither of us feel sick per se, just not right. And we're both completely exhausted by the time we get home.

Tomorrow night after work we're going to hit the highway for a couple days at the parents houses. I've already been talking to my dad and brother about what kind of physical labour we're going to be doing this weekend. It sounds like my brother's old tree fort is going to bite the dust (yay for power saws!) and there are a couple of other demolition projects in the works. I'm psyched!

My bedroom is in such a state of disarray right now that I fear it will never bounce back from the apparent cyclone that seems to have hit it. So many clothes - everywhere. In the closet, in the dressers, on the dressers, on the floor, on the bed, on the winter storage bins that have still not been put away, on the floor in the hall outside the bedroom.
*shakes head in fearful disbelief*
It's hopeless.

The husband is watching the Bombers on tv right now. The game started about 13 minutes ago and there have already been some heavy expletives flying around the room.
I really don't mind football season that much, I mean, I get ignored whenever anything to do with football is on, but for the most part it's not so bad. When his teams win the husband is in a fabulous mood, but when they lose...oh boy, that man can be bitter for days!

I need gas in my car. Lately this always makes me a little grumpy because the price of gas is so ridiculous around here. Crap. Guess that means I'll have to leave for my guitar lesson even earlier...groan.

I'm back to liking work again. I went through a fairly lengthy stretch where I just really wasn't happy there. Corporate bullshit has the potential to make almost anyone hate their job - but finally things are starting to smooth out and get back on track. I'm finally able to make myself focus when I walk in the door in the mornings; that's a good feeling.

Damn, what I would give for some chocolate right now.
It would be shameful really because if someone walked in the door with a chocolate bar right now they could pretty much have whatever they wanted. Ramona? No. But almost anything else would be theirs for the taking.

This weekend I'm taking home my submission for the father/daughter book and I'm going to talk to my dad about it. I realize that I will never be 100% happy with it, but I know if I submit it the way it is now I will be unhappy with the printed result (if it's even chosen for the book, I don't know what the rules are for this).
So, it will be posted on my blog at some point on Monday, regardless of how I feel about it. Please let me know your thoughts though because I value the opinion of each and every one of you.

And, for my last thrilling thought of the day...

I think it's time to clean out my underwear drawers.
Let's put it this way...they don't close anymore.
So it's time to get rid of any I can do without, which of course opens the door for me to go on a spree and spend copious amounts of money on cute pairs of undies.

Whoops, I mean 20 bucks on a pair or two. ;)

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Well, I guess you'll be happy to know that the Bombers won 20-18. You're safe for another week. ;)

10:25 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Wow, what can I say to that lot?

Any chance of getting a copy of your writing early? I am off next week and am unlikely to get online.

3:19 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Sorry John, I will just have to wait until you are back online to hear what you think - I plan on finishing it Sunday sometime.
No worries, your opinion will wait till you're back - I will just have to be patient ;)
I'm not very good at that but I'll try!

5:46 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

So long as I am not going to interfere with deadlines...

6:04 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

Don't be nervous about your guitar lessons... You always do well, and you know why that is? Because lately you've been practicing! YAY! - If I was one to give out gold stars you would have earned another one yesterday.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Gigi said...

Oh Lord Ali, I woke up this morning in a complete 'house panick' again,even before I read your Post! I have containers under beds full of stuff I probably haven't looked since the last time I pulled it out to see what was there :)!For me I have found "out of sight is out of mind".
Cannot wait for the Father/Daughter book!

7:41 AM  
Blogger James said...

Aren't there issues about publishing something on your blog if it is going to be printed somewhere? I guess you would know all about that being in the biz so just ignore me.

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home