Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A Collection of Random Items

First off, today is my brother Matthew's birthday. He is 15 years old today. It's kind of sad that him being 15 makes me feel old, but I guess that's what you get when your only sibling is 12 years younger than you.
Regardless, he's awesome, he likes the gifts I got him, and even though he's bigger than me now, I can still keep him in line!

Today was a weird day weather wise. It was a little chilly (I was wearing a hoodie for shit's sake - it's July) and the sky kept changing from grey and ominous to blue and cheery. We kept getting these waves of rain and wind where you would swear we were going to get a tornado - then you'd look to the west and blue sky would come rolling in. This picture is one of my office windows after we got pelted in rain...see how weird it looks with the blue sky in the background?

The husband and I finally went and got groceries tonight. Hallelujah!
It's pretty bad when neither of us can remember the last time we bought food. I think we should possibly take this as a sign that we need to start eating more in general.

One of the things we bought at the grocery store was fresh cherries. Oh boy...I've been eating them since I got home...my tummy hurts now. The husband is going to Ontario tomorrow for the night - guess what I'm having for supper?
Yep. Cherries.
And guess how I'll be feeling on Friday?
Yep. Lousy.

In other news, Reggie called Zig and I at the office today. I was actually sitting at my desk marking up some page proofs, heard the phone ring, looked at the call display, saw that it was a 705 area code and decided to ignore it. My brain was telling me it was someone from our Gainesville office that I didn't want to talk to, so I let it go to voicemail. About 10 minutes later my email dinged and I checked it to see an email from Reggie that said something along the lines of "I just called you and left you a voicemail, I'll try again later."
Then I realized (duh!) that it was him who called. So I wrote him an email saying to call back and yelled at Zig that Reggie was going to be calling.
And he did. And it was fabulous. And we giggled at each other the whole time, just like before. And I was reminded of how awesome he is, and how cool his accent is, and how badly I want to go visit him and Gigi.
Next time we will call him, and we'll try to do it more often.

Other than that, ladies and gentlemen, I have nothing else to report.
So I bid you adieu.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Ah, cherries, I love them so much. The ones in our local orchards are just coming into season. These are the best cherries ever and you can eat as many as you like (say a 2 pound bag in an afternoon...) and no stomach ache.

Maybe we should all send you emails reminding you to go shopping regularly?

4:09 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I think we got more accomplished this time.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

I have never had a fresh cherry like that...so why do they hurt bellies?

1:02 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

John - it's sad, but a reminder to buy groceries might be just what we need ;)
Reggie - I agree. But I can't help but giggle when we talk, the sound of your voice makes me happy.
Logziella - fresh cherries are AMAZING! They hurt bellies because they are so good that most people don't know when to stop eating them - resulting in a tummy ache.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Logzie said...

OH!! HA!! LOL!!

I thought maybe there was something more scientific to it! :0)

2:51 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

There are few things more lovely than fresh, IN SEASON Washington (Rainer) cherries!

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home