Sunday, November 05, 2006

Hello Lovers...

I am not dead, nor am I being snotty and ignoring you all (all 4 of you that is). I can't remember if I mentioned that I was going to the land of dial-up this weekend - but alas, here I sit in this very slow, very quiet land.
The husband picked me up from work Friday night and we drove the 3 hours to our hometown in Ontario. I was in bed last night by 10 and had a fabulous sleep for the first time in about 5 years. Not EVER in five years, just in 5 years being at my parents house. As soon as we got married and Chris (the husband) started sleeping here with me, my parents moved a double bed into my old room (I had always had a twin). Now I don't know about you, but two adults sleeping in a double bed is just not kosher with me. In fact, it sucks. Big time.
Especially because I am a blanket hog and I tend to sleep kind of flamingoed, as in on my stomach with both arms stuck out to either side and under my head and then my one leg pulled up so that the bottom of my foot is against my thigh. Not the best position for tight quarters.
Anyways, for some reason the husband didn't snore last night and I slept like a log. It was fantastic.
But then we hardly saw each other all day and when we did he was in a terrible mood (although of course he kept telling me there was nothing wrong with him) and we ended up bickering. I went to a movie tonight with my mom and brother and then we went to church in the next town over so I could visit with my grandparents and aunts. On the way home I got my mom to drop me off at the husband's parents house for a visit. Big mistake, the husband was cranky, but kept telling me I was cranky, which in turn made me cranky.
At the end of it all I got him to drive him back to my parents house, then we yelled at each other in the front yard and he grabbed his stuff and went over to his parents. Ah, good times.
Looks like I'm in for another great, bed-hogging night of blissful deep sleep.
Men, blech.
Funnily enough, I am still in a great mood. Maybe because even though we argued, we didn't actually fight about anything. And even before we argued we decided that he was going to sleep at his parents house so he could visit his dad. So he left cranky and we're sleeping in separate houses - but it's probably for the best. Maybe being able to snore as loud as he wants and hog the bed and actually keep some covers will be good for him. Let's hope so.

Oh yeah, we decided to sleep over Sunday night too and then haul our asses back to the city on Monday morning before I have to work, which is awesome. Awesome because my dad went and got some beautiful steaks on Friday. And he's going to be home tomorrow to cook them up! I am soooo excited. Finally - my inner carnivore will be unleashed! Grrrrrrrrrr.


Blogger Logziella said...

Hey girl...I missed ya. I figured you were out hunting down a peice of meat or something. Glad you're back and sorry about the issue with the husband. It happens. Atleast you got some good sleep.

Love ya!

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home