Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I Think I'm In BIG Trouble...

Unless you've been living under a rock, you are probably aware that today is Halloween.
The husband and I love to hand out treats and it's so fun to see all the cute little trick-or-treaters. At our old apartment we would set up in the porch with about 100 treat bags and our pumpkin and would always run out of candy.
This is our third halloween in this apartment but we've never passed out candy here before. The first year we were here my grandma passed away and we had to make a mad dash for Ontario, then last year the husband was working and I think I went out with a girlfriend.
So this year we didn't really know what to expect for how many kids we would get. I went out and bought a whole crapload of stuff today thinking that even with the snow we would have some kids.
Right now my clock says 8:44pm - so far we have had 5 kids.

Update: It is now 9:20 (I took a break to chat with the husband and watch the end of Law & Order and then forgot what I was doing) and I've blown out the candle inside Frank's head.
So that's it - we had five kids and now we have a mountain of candy left over. I'm going to have a tummy ache until we've eaten every last piece.

3 Comments:

Blogger j.k.a said...

We didn't get a single trick-or-treater this year, and last year we only had one....Hubby says I don't even need to buy candy....but of course I do anyway. I was eating it until well into Feburary last year..

Happy tummy ache!
:)

10:22 PM  
Blogger mr zig said...

You are NOT in big trouble!!! too much candy? No PROBLEM! Just drop it off at at the desk of that extremely handsome and happy co-worker of yours... I'm sure he'll help make the mountain dissapear! (plus rumor has it, he has none left - darn kids)

11:22 PM  
Blogger Logzie said...

What a bummer!

In the neighborhood that we took the kids to...maybe every 5th house had their light on! It was cold and it took so long just to get the little bit of candy they ended up with.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home