Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Toe Socks

This morning when I was getting dressed for work I opened my sock drawer and realized that all I had left in there were all my big, thick, wooly, cozy socks. You know those ones that are so thick they are more like slippers than socks, and that you can't actually fit into your shoes?
I have only worn socks about 3 times since the weather has turned colder because it's so easy just to slip into my flip-flops every morning. However, I think the time has come when it is just too cold for sandals - so socks and shoes it is.
For the most part all my socks match; a couple years ago I got fed up with missing one of every different kind of sock; some with Hanes in pink, some with Hanes in red, some with stripes, some with pom poms, some with coloured toes, some with Adidas written on the side, the list goes on and on. So I threw all of our socks in the garbage (except the cozy ones of mine) and bought all grey socks with black heels. I bought them all the same size (they are a tiny bit big on me) and the husband and I share them. This way the socks always have a mate. I think it was one of the best moves I have ever made in the sock department.
So back to this morning...all I had in my drawer was my fuzzy socks and the pair of toe socks pictured above. The husband bought them for me a couple years ago when Monsters Inc. came out and they're so cute. They have little swirly grips on the bottom just like kids' socks. I got lots of compliments on them today - my husband says the idea of having his toes seperated like that makes him want to throw up.
I had a good day, got lots done, and took the picture below when I was driving down the Number 1 highway on my way home. This is what it has looked like in Winnipeg for the last week or two. The temperature is supposed to get down to -2 tonight so I'm happy I have on my cozy toe socks!

8 Comments:

Blogger Logzie said...

OK...I totally agree with your husband...I could NEVER wear toe socks. It would drive me absolutely crazy! I always feel like my feet are hot anyway so I rarely wear socks at all. Just thought you would want to know that about me...he he

8:21 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

I absolutely DID want to know that about you! Believe me, I do have my days when I put them on and pull them right back off saying "nope, it's just not a day when I can pull this off."

9:25 PM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Ah, you're too sweet Ali! Why do you have to live so far away? I think we would be friends...I saw on your profile that you like 80's music...SO DO I! Ok...here's a confession...I recently got into this phase where I downloaded songs that I used to listen to in High School like "Bust A Move" and "Can't Touch This"...I am almost embarrassed to admit this...the really crazy thing is that my 3 and 4 year old know all the words to them both already!

10:51 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Oh wow, if you could only see the list of songs I have been downloading lately...Bust a Move is there, Bananarama, The Bangles, Michael Jackson, Prince...the list goes on and on.
We could definitely be friends. I was actually going to ask you about your friends. Every one of the women that have started to read my blog since you've found it all seem to be from where you are. But everyone has moved away, is that right? Where are they all? In separate places? How come they all moved in such a short time span? I feel in the dark!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Let me enlighten you...I was wondering if you guys were confused. At one point in time we all lived in Tulsa, OK and that is where we all met. We all had moved there at different times to attend Rhema Bible Training Center (except Nobody-they moved there b/c of a job and after I moved away). We became such close friends and slowly we all either moved back home or just onto the next place where the job offer was etc. AMOS still lives there and she is the only one left but she is planning a move to CO in the near future to be near GURU. GURU and her fam just moved to CO about a month ago but Dirty Schnee (Guru's husband) had to move there about 3 months early to start working and Guru and her boys stayed to sell their house in OK. Nobody was originally from Souix Falls SD and hated living in OK and had recently moved back to SD. AmazingBrenda and her husband have recently relocated to Austria where her husband is originally from (she is from Mexico so quite a change for her). We all were such very close friends and now that we are all seperated you probably hear us talk A LOT about missing eachother and of course Scrapbooking which of course is what we are all addicted to. Well, that's the skinny!! Hope it was not too confusing.

4:55 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

I also downloaded "Push It", "Gonna make you sweat (everybody dance now)", "STAND", "Walk this Way" and "Loosing my religion". I already have Prince, loved the Bangles "Manic Monday" and oh yah, I totally wanted to marry Micheal Jackson when Thriller was popular (scarey thought these days). I always say to my baby "do you need some TLC you PYT?" PYT-pretty young thing-M.J. and my husband just thinks I am a wack job...he he...

5:00 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Whups! I didn't mean to foget Mojonah! She and her fam moved back to St. Thomas Canada a while ago but she is 'one of us' as well.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Whoa, that is quite the story, but now at least I know how you all know each other. It's hard to be away from people you've learned to open your lives and hearts to, I know. You'll have to plan a big reunion so you can all catch up!
Yay Canada, we've got Mojonah!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home