Monday, September 18, 2006

Oh Baby...Those Are Some Hot Slippers

Here in Winnipeg it has been raining for the past 3 days. It's also quite cold here - nothing like what we'll have in the coming months but chilly nonetheless.
Right now the temperature is 8 degrees celcius which converts to 46.4 degrees farenheit for all you Americans (all 3 or so of you). So like I said, pretty chilly for September.
For the most part I tend to love when the weather gets like this, I love the rain and as I've said before I love being dressed in cozy clothes. The only part I don't like it straightening my hair, getting all my work stuff together, grabbing my bag, my coffee and my keys and realizing that both my jacket and my umbrella are in the trunk of my car. And oh no, I do not have a garage.
So there I was this morning sprinting (well as much of a sprint as I could manage in 3.5 inch heels) with all my stuff, getting blown around by a howling gale and getting drenched with rain. By the time I got all my crap safely into the passenger seat, opened the trunk, dug out my jacket and umbrella and threw myself out of breath into the drivers seat - my hair was soaking wet and starting to curl. Needless to say I looked like a drowned rat all day except for the 15 minutes I was checking my email before I left for work.
Anyhoo, back to me liking the weather...so when I came home tonight (an hour after originally planned because I was swamped) I tore off my boots, pants and shirt - pulled on a ripped sweatshirt, my $3 pink Winnie the Pooh pj bottoms and pulled on these absolutely hideous slippers that I got from the husbands Gramma for Christmas last year.
The entire family got a pair of these slippers, red for the girls, blue for the boys. And as ugly as they are, they are so cozy and comfy that I love them.
So now I'm sitting at my computer, snug as a bug and listening to the wind howling outside. I have about 2 more hours of work to do and CSI Miami starts tonight, so I'll bid you adieu for now and will write at you all tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amos said...

Oh my gosh, this whole time of reading your blog I am invisioning you in Ontario. And here you are, a "neighbor" my whole life that I grew up in Minnesota! I guess my brain couldn't process Manitoba for some reason. Have been there many times. Love the slippers. My mom knits slippers and they are the most hidious looking things but they are the most comfortable and warm. There is just something about hearing the wind howl and rain patting the roof that call for slippers like that.

Signed, Amos, friend of Logziella

10:21 PM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

There is something undeniably nice about lounging in comfy clothes and warm slippers on a cold day.

Mine are big, pink, fuzzy ones that are getting rather bedraggled from wear -

What a great post. I'm going to get my slippers before I read any more.

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home