Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Coffee Moons

So…um…I have this bad habit…heh, heh…and it’s annoying and gross…and it seems weird that it’s my bad habit and not my husbands.
The bad habit has to do with me and my morning coffee. And the wet spoons. And the leaving of the wet, coffee spoons on the counter. And the not wiping up of the messy little moon shaped coffee marks from above mentioned wet coffee spoons.
It is the most ridiculous habit; but everyday I set my spoon down on the counter after stirring my coffee instead of putting it in the sink. All I have to do is turn 180 degrees in my tiny little kitchen and put it a foot lower than on the counter. But does it ever happen? Rarely.
The thing is (and I’m a good enough wife to admit this) that if it was my husband that was doing this disgusting thing every day, I would scream and yell and make him feel terrible about it.
I chastise myself about it daily, and yet the next morning I am peeling a stuck spoon off the counter. Ewwww. And even if I clean up the entire kitchen – half the time I leave that little piece of the counter in a mess – only god and some little retarded corner of my brain know why I do it every day.
And even though you’d think me writing this for all the world to see would make me change my dirty habit – I bet tomorrow morning that I do the exact same thing.

2 Comments:

Blogger mr zig said...

coffee moons... hehe I like that - To be completely honest I do the same thing on my coffee table in the basement... Oh well.. I guess i'm not perfect afterall.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

We have a spoon cradle by the coffe pot so the mess is contained. We have had that cradle for 27 years. It gets washed once a week or so in the dishwasher. By then it is nasty. Coffee, cream and sweet 'n low.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home