Saturday, September 09, 2006

Inked

In my post a couple days ago I had a picture posted of my husband drawing on my toes. Reggie observed that in that picture you can see a tattoo on my left foot. Correct; that is one of my three tattoos. I got it when I was 18 years old, at the end of my first year of college.
Since this topic has been explored on a couple of the blogs I regularly read, I figured I may as well do the same on mine. I'll post a picture of each of mine on separate days.
Many people don't approve of tattoos - they think they're tacky or ugly, too many worry about what other people might think or what the tattoo will look like when they're older.
All I have to say is this: though a tattoo may appear tacky or ridiculous to you, chances are that for the person sporting it - it may have a deep meaning; a memorial to a loved one, a marker of a significant life event, or they may just love something enough to have it permanently put on their skin. Just because you think it's ugly doesn't mean it is to that person.
As far as what other people might think...sigh...who gives a rat's ass what anyone else thinks? I have never been known for caring what other people think of me and that is something I'm very proud of. If someone has enough time on their hands to talk about how ridiculous you look with a tattoo, maybe they just don't have enough to do, or they may even be jealous that they can't go through with getting one of their own.
Hmmm, and as for how it might look when I'm older - well, when I'm old enough to have loose skin and boobs down to my knees, the last thing I'll be thinking about is how bad my tattoos look. In fact, my grand-children might think I'm just a little cooler for having tattoos at all. And by that time, the only person who will really see them at all is my husband. And I know that he'll love me no matter what, no matter where my tattoos might have shifted to.
Now, I'm not trying to promote that tattoos are for everybody, that's definitely not the case. I'm just saying please don't turn up your nose at the people that do, we don't make fun of the fact that you don't have any.

Whew, and there's this weekend's sermon from "Preacher Ali."

1 Comments:

Blogger Logzie said...

Preach it girl!! You have enlightened me on tatoos. I WAS one of those people who didn't understand why someone would get one but now I get it!!! Thanks! It's always good to see the 'other' side of things. Thanks!

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home