Friday, September 08, 2006

Healthy In a Bottle?

Sooooo, I went to my doctor today. One of my many doctors. And he decided that the medication I've been on for the past 3.5 months hasn't been doing all it can do for me. So I'm already taking three of those pills a day - which make me sick everytime I take them. And now I have 2 other types of pills that I have to take as well.
The side effects for both of these new pills are considerably worse than the ones I've been feeling from my current medication.
Yuck - I am going to be miserable - and as I tend to be a quite happy person (not including the last few weeks where I've been a little burned out) I'm sure I will notice a big difference in myself.
I guess I'll have to work extra hard to be as bubbly as usual, you always notice a change in everyone (especially at work) when someone just isn't themself.
I realize that I should be thankful that I even have medication to try and make me better - I just wish there were no ill side-effects, you know?
I am especially feeling bad for my husband, I am already known by him for my dramatic mood swings and one of the side effects of both of the new medications is dramatic mood swings. Let's just hope I'm still married in a few months.
But if all of the little pills work together and do what they should, hopefully I'll get all my body stuff under control and there will be a new reason to be happy. Very complicated stuff, I won't get into the details.

Well...I'm off to take the first fistful of healthiness in a bottle. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

I hate pills too.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Hi Ali-I am sorry to hear that you have to go thru this. I too had to do a round of meds about 2 years ago for a kidney disease and it had a TON of side effects (i.e. excessive weight gain, major mood swings (manic)etc.) In fact,I gained 50 lbs. in about 8 weeks-no fun. I am only still married b/c my husband was so understanding and willing to put up with me during that time... Anyway, I am only sharing this b/c I possibly may know a little bit of what you are dealing with, with the meds. I am sorry you have to go thru this.

P.S.-I stumbled along Reggie's blog a while ago and then onto yours incase you are wondering who the heck I am. I enjoy reading your blog...thank's for being so entertaining. I wish you the best!

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home