Sunday, September 10, 2006

Tattoo Two

Here is tattoo number 2. It's actually the last one I got, in October of 2005.
My other two tattoo's are both of butterflies so some people were surprised because this one is bigger and darker than the others. It's not very girly either.
Anyways, the blue A obviously stands for my name, Alison (Ali). There is also a small clover inside the A which represents my primarily Irish heritage. At the top left corner of the A is a Gemini sign, it's not really clear but I wanted it to be something that just I knew was there.
The rest of the design doesn't represent anything, though it was a lot more detailed when I did the drawing for it. It didn't get quite as much detail as I wanted originally because I didn't want it to be huge. I am disappointed by the fact that now that I watch shows like "Inked" and "Miami Ink" is realize that had my tattoo artist been a little less lazy and willing to take a little more time it could have been done properly.
This tattoo is on the inside of my right wrist, so when I hold my hand up in front of me (palm side in) it looks like the picture. I would have to say that this was the most painful tattoo to get, but only because she had to hit the tendon that runs down the right side of your arm. As soon as she hit that my arm swelled up and it bled a lot. Even though it hurt more than the other two, it really wasn't too bad - it's annoying more than anything, but I tend to have a pretty high threshold for pain.
So that's all for tattoo number 2. Tune in tomorrow for tattoo number 3. It's one that people don't see much and is impossible to take a picture of myself, woohoo - what fun!

1 Comments:

Blogger Logzie said...

This is fun! Hmmm...I wonder where it could be?? He he...we shall see!!!

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home