Thursday, November 12, 2009

Blame the Bullets on the Cranky

- I had a doctor’s appointment today for 9:30. I got in at 11:15. The walk-in people were getting in ahead of me. Talk about bullshit. I’m not wasting my time making an appointment anymore, what’s the point? The results of the appointment? She thinks I may have a sinus infection, which she says would explain the headache I’ve had for two months. I now have a prescription for something lovely to mess up my system even more. She also says my white blood cells and platelets are still out of whack, and is sending me for more blood work. Story of my life, blood work.

- I promised Princess about two weeks ago that I’d write the post we were each supposed to write about our artsy fartsy date, but I have yet to do that. I suck, I know.

- This is really lame, but one of the reasons I wasn’t posting before now besides being crazy busy? Was because I couldn’t post pictures. I literally had so much shit on my computer that I couldn’t download even one more photo from my camera because there was no disk space. Photoshop wouldn’t even open. So I toddled myself over to best buy and bought an external hard drive that’s 1 terrabyte. People tell me that I should be good with that. (And now here I am posting without a picture. That excuse isn’t holding up so well, is it?)

- My stomach has been aching for days. Kind of burning. I’m wondering if that ulcer I always joke about giving myself has finally come to fruition.

- I’m currently working on the biggest story of my writing career. It’s actually the cover story for a local magazine I write for. It involves me getting to interview the female Manitoban athletes who will be representing Canada at the 2010 Winter Olympics. I did a happy dance when I got this assignment – I may have even screamed. For me – and my resume – this is a BIG deal.

- Does it ever happen to anyone else where you kind of fall out of touch with someone, keep telling yourself you’ll email them, call them, facebook them, twitter them, smoke signal them, etc. but you just never do? Then more and more time goes by with neither of you communicating and suddenly you think it’s been too long and now it would just be awkward and that you should just accept that you’re done knowing that person? Well it happens to me, and in fact is currently happening with about three people. I really need to quit being such a suck.

- I’ve got three care packages open and more or less done for people, sitting on my dining room table right now. One for Reggie and Gigi, one for Sitting in Silence and one for James. I’m wondering if there will be some sort of miracle and perhaps I’ll get them done and sent for Christmas?


- Oh! And I bought my Christmas cards!!! Again, there will need to be some sort of miracle if I’m to get the damn things written and mailed. And you can’t even say “It’s the thought that counts,” because really? That’s baloney. It only counts if someone opens their mail and sees my name wishing them a Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Atheist Day, etc.

4 Comments:

Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

Maybe we should have a card day too - we'll send them all out on the same day.
Although I LOVE sending out cards, so I would probably end up making you feel all guilty and pressured. Boo.
The post will get done when it gets done, no worries.
Congrats on the writing gig though - I can't wait to read it!!!
xoxo

6:15 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Congratulations on getting that story! Any chance of seeing a copy of it? A scan maybe?

It's never too late to get back in touch with someone!

Hope the blood thing gets sorted out - sounds kind of nasty. And a 2 month headache? Jeez, I can't do 2 hours! But then I am a guy and guys are wimps.

And talking of care packages - soon, I hope!

3:08 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

You make me smile. Don't stress yourself so.

5:26 AM  
Blogger James said...

A care package for me? I was so shocked to read that. Bless you Ali thanks.

good tip:
For the sinus try to get something from the pharmacy with Ephedrine or Pseudoephedrine (if it is legal over there) clears sinus within 30 minutes and you feel like you can move mountains as well. (That's why it is banned for competing athletes)

Yeah I want to read your article too.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home