Friday, October 02, 2009

You Should Be Doing That at Home

You know what I don't get?

People that do things in the car that are really meant to be done at home.

Wellllll, okay, so maybe there have been one or two times that I've done "something" in a car that was more appropriate for home...but um...yeah, we're not talking about me...ahem...

ANYway, I'm more referring to the people that are writing emails on their blackberry, smoking, talking on their phone and reaching to turn the music up, reading a book while they're at the wheel and that sort of thing.

But what irks me most is the broads that are applying their makeup in the car.

I mean, seriously, you couldn't have squeezed in an extra five minutes at home throwing on some foundation, dousing yourself in blush and putting on your mascara?

Are you really saving yourself a lot of time by trying not to poke yourself in the eye while you're putting on eyeliner in a 4 inch mirror at a red light?

Is that weak little interior light really the best lighting to be putting on eyeshadow evenly?

Are you certain you're not going to hit a pothole during your drive and cram half a tube of lipstick into your teeth?

When it comes down to it, I don't care if your vehicle makeup application ends with you looking like Tammy Faye Baker, but I do care if you rear-end me while curling your eyelashes.

So do us all a favour, and get up five minutes earlier tomorrow morning so you can do that at home.


*rant over

2 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

I used to think that women doing their make up while driving was a myth - until I nearly got hit by one who came around a blind corner doing her lips in the mirror!

My general advice, though, would be to get up 20 minutes earlier so you can wake up and leave a bit earlier so you aren't in quite such a rush to get where you are going!

Good stuff, Ali!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Slyde said...

i used to have a freind who rushed to work each morning carrying an electric razer because he would shave as he was driving...

9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home