Monday, October 19, 2009

I Need My Teeth

I love people that try to make others feel better. I try to be one of those people. I joke and listen and buy little gifts and do what I can to cheer them up.

But you know when you have those days? Those times when you're just cranky? Or irritated? Or maybe somebody did something to you that is a big deal to you, but then you tell someone else what happened and they just kind of go "Yeah, well they weren't trying to hurt you, right?" or "Oh, it's fine. Why are you so upset?"

And you just want to yell "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LET ME BE *WHINY?"

*Insert word of your choice here - pouty, cranky, douchey, irritated, upset, etc.

Yeah, well I get that. It's friggin' irritating to have people try to smooth over my feelings. It kind of makes me want to kick them in the teeth. So from now on I'm going to give people a 10 minute grace period, where they can rant and rave and cry and pout, THEN I'll try to make it all better.

I think that's a good plan. I need my teeth.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Sometimes it is good to be able to just be grumpy for a bit,to get things out of your system. At other times it is good to have someone cheering you up,and I know that you are great at that.

Maybe you just need to learn the signs - does this person WANT to be grumpy right now?

4:04 AM  
Blogger Jack and Jill said...

Sometimes Jack tries to smooth things over before I'm ready for them to be smoothed. I think men are more guilty of that than women? Now I just say "JUST LET ME WHINE AND LISTEN" and he does and it works out nicely! :)

-Jill

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home