Tuesday, October 13, 2009

So...Hi!

Did you miss me? Yeah, I didn't think so. You must all be used to me updating at the speed of a narcoleptic turtle by now, right? Right.

So what's been going on? Well I'll tell you - it's been a whole lot of nothing. Except that it seems like I'm always busy. Weird right? Does that ever happen to anyone else? Seems like all you do is run like crazy, yet when you sit down to think about what you've been doing, you can't really think of anything?

**************************************
Yesterday was Thanksgiving here in Canada. In a nutshell, here is what I'm thankful for: Ellery, my family, my friends, my health, love and second chances.

Ellery is growing like a weed! She's suddenly repeating every word, trying to recite the alphabet, trying to count to 10 (weird part is, she knows where to put the number 8 every time I count to her), using yes or no perfectly, showing signs that she may be ready to potty train sooner rather than later, and just generally being amazing. I cried today watching her, simply because I couldn't believe that she was mine. Love her.

I got a new tattoo just over two weeks ago now. It's bigger than the rest of the ones I have. It's two hibiscus flowers with a little E hidden in the vines on one side and her birth date written into the other side. I love it. And even though I'm 29, I still almost had a heart attack telling my mom. Her reaction was better than I expected - especially when I threw in that it was for Ellery - that won her over.
Tattoo about 2 minutes after it was finished. Three hours of needles. Not my favourite thing in the world.
In other news, check out that second pic! My hair is getting long!!

Otherwise...hmm, just working, painting pottery with Princess (which is for another post), playing with my camera, and um...that's about it.

This time I'm going to try really hard not to be such a slack ass with my blog. Remember those days when I used to post every single day?!?! That probably won't happen again, but about four times a week would be nice! Here's hoping!

7 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Hi Ali!

Totally missed you!

E is at a really magical age - feed her little brain, it will soak up everything!

The tattoo is huge! But I actually rather like it! I take it that one of these pics is reversed - or do you have it on both sides?

Looking forward to more posts - the blogosphere is feeling a bit quiet lately...

3:20 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Good to hear from you.

One of my favorite flowers. I am transplanting my hibiscus from my yard to my office this week. I hope it will continue to bloom.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Rock Chef - Wow, you're observant! Yes, the second pic is taken in the bathroom mirror...it was a hard one to take!

Wreggie - Mine too! Next to Gerbers I would say Hibiscus are my favourite :)

6:07 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

I actually love the tatoo. And I don't usually like them.
Your baby isn't a baby anymore. She is a little girl. So cute!!

I have missed you but I do understand how busy life is!!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

Why don't I remember your hair being that long??
Oh and can you wear some kind of shirt tomorrow that will allow me to see the tattoo in person?
Squee!
xo

1:00 PM  
Blogger terri said...

Wow! Ellery's not a baby anymore... she's a little girl!

LOVE your tattoo!

8:28 PM  
Blogger James said...

Nice Tat.
And Miss Ellery is growing so fast.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home