Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Bullety, Updatey, Paragraph Thingy

Ellery has started repeating everything she hears - and I must say, for 15 months, she's pretty freaking good at it. Good enough that I need to start watching how many times I drop the f-bomb right now.

There are two things she's currently doing that melt my heart. The first is that she has finally started calling me mommy - but the really cute part? She says Me Mommy. Kind of like MY mommy. Adorable.

The second is when you ask her what her name is and she roars like a lion. I love it. But then when you say "Can you say Ellery?", she now says "Ellwy!" I may die from the cuteness of it all.

I've got freelance assignments up the wazoo. Both writing and photography. The writing has some tight deadlines, so it's hard to have time for anything else. But it's cash baby, sweet sweet cash.

Even without the freelance, we seem to be doing amazingly with money. I have no idea how this is possible - it just seems that lately even after paying all our bills and spending it here and there, we've still got a bunch left. I think this is the first time in my adult life that I haven't stressed over money - it's a nice feeling.

The other day we ran out of q-tips. I don't know if any of you remember a particularly riveting post where I explained my inability to find and purchase them on my own - but essentially it said that q-tips reside in some parallel universe that I cannot locate.
However...the other day we needed them, I went to Shoppers Drugmart, and I found them. Just like that. Boom!

It's been raining here for what seems like months. I don't ever remember a summer that was so shitty and rainy. My kid has been in her kiddie pool twice this summer - that is so not cool.
So hey, Mother Nature? Could you smarten the heck up? This is Canada, not England.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

We had a shitty July, then it all turned to sunshine in my corner of England - a great August! Sorry that I seem to have stolen your summer!

Cool about the money - we seem to be in a similar position. We have even had the bank begging us to borrow money, proof that we don't actually need any!

E sounds so cute! Please post a vblog of her soon! Pretty please?

3:16 AM  
Blogger Kyla Roma said...

You're a freelance photog? That's my dream job- Im shooting my first wedding this Saturday actually! I would live to see you work so I can bug you with questions sometime lol Do you have a portfolio online you could link me up with?

3:22 PM  
Blogger terri said...

Just a thought... when you manage to find the q-tips, by lots and lots of them. They're cheap, right?

Ellery sounds adorable. I'm with Rock Chef. We need a vlog!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Nenette Alejandria Mayor said...

oh, how cute! brings back memories of when my kids were that age. yeah, of all the words they seem to gravitate toward repeating, it's usually the f-bombs.

glad you're doing well $-wise. I find that it's so much easier here. when I was living in BC, it was a definite paycheque to paycheque thing. we get away with so little here.

and yeah, I think the last time we had a summer like this was 5 years ago when my daughter was born. I was looking forward to a whole summer of walking down Corydon with my new baby in her sling, but went out only a handful of times thanks to the rain.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Slyde said...

You should probably think about getting those freelance assignments out of your wazoo.

That must hurt like a bitch!

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home