Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sometimes You Just Need to Throw in the Towel

I'll admit, there are times when I can be a bit nit-picky when it comes to things my husband does that drive me bat shit crazy. I know many people will say "But he's a man! That's what they do!", as if that's some sort of excuse, but as far as I'm concerned, it's not. People are people, and if I can do something, so can you.
That's not to say I don't have my annoying quirks and lackadaisical attitudes about things, but I try to keep it in check.
ANYways, in recent months I've come to realize that there are just some things I can't make him smarten up about, regardless of how much I whine, yell, ask, beg, pout or cry about them. And it's quickly becoming apparent that Ellery is more than just a replica of him in the looks department.

1. Husband is physically incapable of hanging his coat in the hall closet. The back of a dining room chair apparently works just as well.

2. Ellery doesn't give a rats ass that she shouldn't be touching the playstation. In fact, she gives me that "And what are you gonna do about it?" look, every time I turn around and say "Ellery! No!"

3. It's just a fact of life that I'll wash the dishes and clean up, then husband will stroll into the kitchen with his dishes from work the day before and drop them on the counter.

4. It doesn't matter that there are 400 toys in the bathtub, Ellery just wants to stand up and play with the strings on my hoodie.

5. Husband will not tie up the kitchen garbage bag and replace it with a new one, no matter how high and teetering it gets.

6. Nine times out of ten, it is up to me to clean the Forman Grill, otherwise it just won't get done.

7. When Ellery decides to steamroll her way across the living room, she's not stopping for toys that might hurt her - just get them out of her way.

Despite these things though, the husband is great, and can be very helpful when he's so inclined, hehe. Ellery, though? The girl is adorable, and hilarious...but stubborn! Now I wonder where she gets that from...

3 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Some things are best of left at that - that is the way the world is, embrace it! I mean, some people have to live with people who shout things like "My ears are full of tears!" :-)

My kids are starting to improve on picking things up...

Cleaning the Foreman is a total nightmare job, though. You must share that one, it is just too horrible otherwise!

10:09 AM  
Blogger terri said...

LOL, Rock Chef!

For the record, I completely understand the concept of ears full of tears.

Easy for Rock Chef to suggest you embrace your husband's quirks. Rock Chef is the damn-near perfect husband. He has no idea what 99% of other husbands are like.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Terri - I take back my comment that you aren't nice! You are always nice to me!

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home