Thursday, February 12, 2009

On The Lam

I've always liked the line "on the lam" - and in fact, since the day I learned what it meant, I've actually wanted to be on the lam.

From what exactly, I'm not sure. I just like the idea of someone saying "Hey, I haven't seen Ali in ages, do you know where she's been?" and then to have someone else say "I heard she's on the lam - she must have done something crazy!"

The idea of being an extremely powerful woman appeals to me a great deal. You know, someone that walks around in power suits and kick ass heels and has everyone call them Ms. Quicksilver? My hair would always be pulled back at work, and I'd also wear glasses, but there would always be that hint that I could let my hair down and be a really sexy wild child. I'd like to have a big, huge office building downtown, tall enough that it towers over every other phallic reminiscent building.

I don't know what my job would be exactly, but it would be important. And though I would be mainly on the super-hero side of things, I'd also have a bad streak - nothing to actually hurt people, but bad just for the sake of my own entertainment.

This bad streak though, is what would cause me to have to go on the lam in the first place.

But being on the lam would actually be pretty sweet - I'd use my jet to take off to my private island where no one can get me, then continue working via email and phone calls to my most trusted employee and friend. That would keep me in the money, keep my business going, and keep me powerful - but all while living in the lap of luxury.

Hmm, if I disappear for awhile, you can all safely assume that I have in fact, gone on the lam. But not to worry - I'll send my jet around to pick you up anytime you need a vacation.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

At first I thought you had just had a big roast dinner and forgotten how to spell LAMB!

I think you should have a job like that, you would be very good at it. And you could feel free to collect me in your jet any time too.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Slyde said...

i wouldnt mind going on the lam for awhile either. if you can stop the jet here to pick me up, im with you...

2:09 PM  
Blogger terri said...

Me! Me! I wanna go to!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Sid said...

LOL! So you'll be doing the lam thing in style. Thing you'd probably be wanted for fraud.

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home